Thyroid Surgery Scar Treatment?

My scar is hypertrophic. Now it’s 5 months postop but it still thickened and have an uneven surface. It’s still changing and not for better. I started using silicon sheets 2 months after surgery, it helped a little bit. But it doesn’t work anymore.

I had 4 injections of Longidaza (international name is Hyaluronidase+Azoximer). Injections made some good effect. But, the good effect is only for a few days after injection. Then it’s getting bigger again. What can I do to make it flat and to blend with the skin? What would be the best treatment in my case?

Thyroid scar treatment with laser and IIT to improve thickening of the scars

+1

I have had enormous experience with thyroid scars and believe that they can be dramatically improved by a combination of laser, IIT, and surgical revision.  

My Approach Is To Leave Them Alone At First

+1

Your scar will naturaly thicken and be hot and pink, then go to a purple color, and then finally begin to thin out. This may take a year or even longer. During that time, I will employ silicone strips (they must be worn all the time for as long as it looks bad, or at least as much as possible).

I will allow massage with shea or cocoa butter as topical tretaments. Rarely will I laser or poke the scar with a needle as this may prolong the inflammatory process. Seroids are occassionally used for scrs that show rapid growth, thickening, or in individuas who have keloid-prone skin.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS