Am I At Risk For A Photofacial With Thyroid Problems and Medication?

I am going to undergo a laser photofacial treatment on my face ( cheeks mostly). I have a low functioned thyroid and take pills regularly to correct it. My question is: may thyroid problems be contraindications for laser photofacial? Thanks.

This just should not be an issue.

+1

However, every patient undergoing photo facial needs to have the treatment adjusted to how their skin is reacting at the time of treatment.  For this reason, in my office, only the doctor performs the service.  Many offices have a nurse or even a laser tech performing the procedures.

Medications and Photofacials

+1

Some medications are photosensitive, but there are few that are so contraindicated we can't do the procedures. Make sure you bring in a list of medications you take and your technician can review them against a list provided by the laser company for that specific piece of equipment. But my offices have performed over 110,000 Photofacial and IPL treatments, and done them on people taking thyroid medications.