I Have Thyroid Nodules. Can I Have Breast Augmentation?

I am currently on 50mcg Synthroid.

Breast Augmentation and Thyroid Conditions - OK if Treated

+1

Breast Implants OK with treated thyroid conditions

As long as you are well managed by your PMD/Internest/or Endocrinologist and your thyroid blood tests indicates that you are in good control, then you should to well and have pretty much the same risks as any other patient of your general health. Checking with your prescribing doctor for your thyroid problem is always a good idea

Thyroid disease and Breast implant augmentation

+1

The real issue is to determine the true status of your thyroid hormones. Given the fact your are being supplemented, I assume you are hypothyroid and not nyperthyroid, The latter is probably a greater concern with anesthesia. In any case, discuss this with your endocrinologists and your candidacy for general anesthesia.

Thyroid nodules and breast augmentation

+1

Thyroid nodules themselves are not a contraindication for breast augmentation.  But, it sounds like you may need medical clearance.

Thyroid nodules and breast augmentation

+1

Thyroid nodules in and of themselves are not a contraindication for cosmetic surgery. If your endocrinologist feels that your thyroid nodules and resultant medical treatment are not a concern for anesthesia, then you should not forgo a breast augmentation for that reason. A full medical clearance is important prior to undergoing general anesthesia regardless of the procedure, and a breast augmentation is no exception. Also, you want to be certain that the anesthesiologist and the facility where your procedure will be performed are accredited and your surgeon is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Thyroid conditions and breast augmentation

+1

If your thyroid status is stable and your thyroid is functioning normally with the medication, you can have breast augmentation.

Obviously, you require a medical clearance letter from your physician regarding this matter.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery CAN be done on People with Thyroid disease

+1

Regarding: "I have Thyroid Nodules. Can I have breast augmentation?  I am currently on 50mcg Synthroid"

Thyroid "nodules" may have different meanings. Sometimes, the nodules are areas of the thyroid which work overtime to produce Thyroid hormone (such as goiters or "hot nodules"). Other times, they can be thyroid cancer. With your history of taking thyroid medication, I assume you may have had a history of Hyperthyroidism which was treated forcing you now to take Synthroid.

No surgeon wants to operate on a patient with an overactive thyroid. Release of large levels of thyroid hormone during surgery (IE Thyroid Storm) is a surgical emergency that should be prevented whenever possible.

But, if your thyroid hormone and TSH levels are normal and your endocrinologist clears you for surgery, there is no reason why you should not have Cosmetic Surgery.

Good Luck.

Dr. Aldea

I have Thyroid Nodules. Can I have breast augmentation

+1

Yes, with a clearance from your thyroid doctor. Why do you think you can not? I just operated on a thyroid patient without any issue. Come see me in Miami. Regards Dr. B