Looking at narrowing the tip/base reduction? (photo)

I'm looking to finally have a rhinoplasty done in the next year or two. I've been going over all kinds of options as to what can be done with my nose - ultimately, I would like to see a little more definition/narrowing and less nasal flare (which I suffer from pretty bad). I have a bulbous tip and large nostrils. The front profile is wide, especially when I smile. My tip hangs and I have a slight bump. Just wondering what options might be out there to consider. Thanks!

rhinoplasty for alar reduction and tip narrowing

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure is very complicated and always best to seek out a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for best results. The bulbous tip is addressed with cartilage suturing techniques and occasional cartilage removal when necessary. This will give narrowing and definition to the tip. Large nostrils are best addressed by an alar plasty. A slight hump can be removed by shaving down both bone and cartilage along the bridge line. Releasing of the depressor septi ligament will prevent the tip from drooping upon animation. For many examples of noses similar to your own, please see our rhinoplasty photo gallery link below

Narrowing the Nasal Tip/Base

+1

Your critique of your nose is accurate. The best option you have is to select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to evaluate the surgical alternatives and improve your nose with a natural result.

Rhinoplasty advice on the internet: is it a good idea?

+1

Rhinoplasty is a very complex operation that takes years to become proficient and probably a career to even possibly master. You would be best seeking out a board-certified plastic surgeon with a special interest in rhinoplasty. You want to consult with person after all the information is shared and you have been examined. Only after someone with the expertise has consulted with you can you get a plan for what to do.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Looking at narrowing the tip/base reduction?

+1

I think that your goals are achievable with regard to tip refinement, nostril size, and dorsal contours.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA