Thumbsuckers Teeth Correction? (photo)

I am in my mid 30's and have been sucking my thumb into adulthood and unfortunately have done some major damage to my teeth. I have a mild case of thumbsuckers teeth. I was told that braces and invisalign would not correct most thumbsucker teeth issues, is that true???

Braces only solve part of the problem

+2

My experience is that if the thumbsucking continues, nothing will last.  If the habit was controlled (gone) then braces can put the teeth back to ideal and stay.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Thumbsucker, how to treat open bite.

+1

Simple answer, if the thumbsucking does not stop then there is no way that anything you have done will last.  Braces would be the answer but you need to stop thumbsucking first. 

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist