Do I Have to Go Through the Preop Procedures Again if I've Already Had a Lap Band and Now Want Gastric Bypass?

I had lap band surgery three years ago. It never did what it was placed in me to do. I believe there is a leak in the band. The saline was always gone when I would return for a fill.(every six weeks). The fill would be tight for about 2-3 days and then I would have no restriction. I want gastric bypass now but I really don't want to go through all of the preop procedures that I already went through with the lap band. Will I have to go through all of those tests, meetings,and evaluations again?

Repeat Preoperative Evaluation Necessary?

+1

You will find that each surgeons practice ay have a different policy  in regards to preoperative evaluation. Given your previous evaluation was 3 years ago, do not be surprised if the majority of the “preop” will need to be repeated,  especially if you are working with a different surgeon.  As you know, this preoperative evaluation is meant to evaluate your medical and psychological “stability” to proceed with major surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/