Should I go through with rhinoplasty? or is it too extreme? (photo)

Hi! I'm a 19 year old girl with what I believe is a very crooked nose! on a daily basis I don't notice it but in pictures it seems to be extremely asymmetrical. it bothers me, I have to take pictures at different angles because its so crooked. What can be done to fix this? would it be an extreme procedure? or am I completely delirious

Rhinoplasty for asymmetrical nose

+1

The decision to perform a rhinoplasty is a personal decision, and is best made by the patient themselves. Asymmetries of the tip can be addressed with suture techniques of the lower lateral cartilages, while a caudal septal deviation can address any columellar show and deviated columella as well. A spreader graft is sometimes placed on the concave upper lateral cartilage area when there is asymmetry in this area as well. For many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

Rhinoplasty for asymmetric nose

+1

The short answer is you should have the procedure if you feel like it will improve your appearance. I would not do it for any other reasons such as pictures or for someone else. As far as your nose is concerned, it crooked predominantly in the lower third of your nose and your tip is asymmetric and wide. In addition, the bottom of your nose hangs such that it makes your upper lip less visible. Therefore, it could be improved by a facial plastic surgeon qualified in the rhinoplasty procedure if you so desire typically as an outpatient procedure. Good luck in your area.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I or shouldn't I go through rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty is a personal decision to modify the appearance or function of the nose. Rhinoplasty is not just one operation, but rather many potential procedures that can improve the nose. Minor procedures may be performed in the office via local anesthesia, while more extensive rhinoplasty requires surgery in operating room.

Your nose doesn't necessarily need any change. However, if the appearance of the nose bothers you, then it's best to get a comprehensive consultation with a specialist. Speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I go through with rhinoplasty? or is it too extreme?

+1

Absolutely you could benefit from septal rhinoplasty operation. Seek IN PERSON examinations from boarded PSs in your area..

Straightening crooked nose and refining your nasal tip.

+1

Straightening crooked nose and refining your nasal tip would make your nose more aesthetically balanced. You need to decide if u want that.

The need for nasal shaping

+1

Looking at your photographs it looks like you have nice nose. However, if you are unhappy with it or want to make it look better you can. It may be possible to just do a tip Rhinoplasty. This is when you do not touch the top of the nose and only work on the tip where its a bit round in your case. You may also be a candidate to reduce your nostril size a tiny bit. Be careful not to do too much.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgeon-virginia.com/PlasticSurgeryVirginia/rhinoplasty_virginia.htm

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

+1

The decision to undergo rhinoplasty must be your decision. There is some asymmetry here, but I am not sure I would offer a rhinoplasty unless you were considering a reduction in the size of the nasal tip and alar base reduction.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhinoplasty for Crooked Nose

+1

I will not tell you to have a rhinoplasty because only you can decide if the surgery is for you. However, if you were my daughter I would encourage you to consider the operation if the appearance bothers you. A rhinoplasty done by a surgeon who specializes in this procedure will straighten your nose , decrease the width of your tip, and narrow the base. You can make your nose proportional to the surrounding facial features. A complete set of pictures, as described on my website, would help me evaluate your entire nose.