Should I Go Through with Plastic Surgery?

I have been debating on this issue for 6-8 months now, and I don't know whether to go through with plastic surgery or not. I do not like my high bridged nose, and i have wished to have a flatter nose, like my fathers. The reason why I am still debating it is because i don't want to look weird after surgery,and i don't want people to look down on me for it. I want to become a singer, and i know lots of famous people go through surgery. Is it a good idea to go under the knife? Thank you.

Rhinoplasty is a personal decision

+1

No one should talk you into a plastic surgery, including a rhinoplasty. if you're not sure, then postpone the surgery until your 100% confident that rhinoplasty is for you. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will guide you through the process so that you understand what can/ and cannot be accomplished with the procedure.

Doubts about Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Only the patient can decide if they want to have a rhinoplasty or any cosmetic procedure. What other people think should not influence your decision. You should do the surgery for yourself, not them. Select an experienced surgeon so you can achieve a natural result and minimize any potential complications.

Should you have a rhinoplasty

+1

You say that you would like to shape the hump on your nose, and your uncertainty might be that you have not found someone you trust to give the result you are looking for. Find a surgeon with excellent credentials, review his work, and ask for computer imaging so you can see how you should look after the procedure. If you see, you might believe and move forward.

Less is best with plastic surgery?

+1

Alot of patients feel the way you do...it is very personal.   I feel less is best with plastic surgery but why not look your best?   Especially, if  you are going into the entertainment field..just research for a board certified surgeon with good after care. All my surgeries are performed in a full facility hospital with a private room.  We have a private aftercare retreat for our patients in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico at reasonable costs.

Guillermo Koelliker, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Decision to have Rhinoplasty

+1

The questions you ask are similar to those of most prospective aesthetic surgical patients.  You must be convinced that the benefits of the procedure outweigh the potential risks and complications.  In order to do so, you must be in a psychological position that is positive about the way Rhinoplasty will help you, and rely on a Surgeon with extensive experience and great results.  Meet with a number of Surgeons with an excellent background, experience, results, and choose the one who makes the most sense to you.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Proceeding with surgery is a very personal decision and one you will have to reach on your own for your own reasons.  Each rhinoplasty patient will have different goals in mind and what you are suggesting is reasonable.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA