I had a thrombophyllia, diastasis recti, & muscle separation after pregnancy. Am I a candidate for a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I I have Thrombophyllia, but only take blood thinners when I'm pregnant. And my muscles separated after having my daughter. Can I do a muscle repair, tummy tuck, lipo & bbl? Or would it be too risky? Or which one can I do for sure?

Abdominoplasty and Blood Thinners

+1
As the other plastic surgeons have stated, you would need to have the green light from your primary care doctor before considering cosmetic surgery of any kind. If cleared, you would want to have conversations with your regular doctor and your plastic surgeon about safety. This would include reviewing your and your family's medical history and discussing any additional safety measures that could be adopted for you.

As you probably know, a key part of the surgical strategy would be to minimize the time you are on the operating table and to get you up and walking as soon as possible. In our practice we rely on IV sedation for almost all procedures, including tummy tucks. We find this approach helps our patients awaken more quickly and comfortably than patients who undergo general anesthesia, and it could give you a bit of an advantage.

From the photo you provided, it appears that a tummy tuck would give you a good result. There's nothing more important than your safety, however, so be honest with your doctors and listen carefully to their input.

I had a thrombophilia, diastasis recti, & muscle separation after pregnancy. Am I a candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

+1
     Your clotting risk must be precisely understood and a hematologist must clear you for surgery.    The risk of clots is higher with a tummy tuck than a BBL so this may make a difference as well.

I would advise you to choose abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and consider liposuction and BBL at a later time.

+1
I would consider you with having a higher risk of blood clots forming in your legs.  You will have to be off blood thinners and your blood tests will have to show that your blood has normal values before doing any type of elective cosmetic surgery.  If your blood tests show normal values, then you would be all right with either a tummy tuck or liposuction and BBL, not all of them at the same time.  Why?  The length of the operation to perform all three would be too risky in my opinion.  More importantly, you will not move as well postoperatively and this will also increase risk of you developing a blood clot in your legs.  From your photo, I would advise you to consider abdominoplasty(tummy tuck) over liposuction and BBL.  You will benefit the most from this operation.  I would advise you to see a board certified plastic surgeon to properly explain benefits and risks to allow you to make a well-informed decision.  Good luck!

Tae Ho Kim, MD

Tummy tuck

+1
If you are off blood thinners and are cleared medically, I see no reason you could not have a tummy tuck. Make sure that you have a qualified plastic surgeon and they are affiliated with a local hospital incase you have any post operative problems. You may not have enough fat for a BBL but, an in person examination is needed to know for sure.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

+1
Any boarded Plastic surgeon would require a written clearance from your hematologist before doing ANY surgery upon you...