Throbbing Nose - Old Break

Hello! I am a 26 year old female that has been living with a broken nose for over 10 years. I was the lucky recipient of a softball to the nose when I was 12 years old. Broken nose and deviated septum. A few questions -- 1) Why have I felt a constant "throb" in my nose since it broke? A literal throb that matches with my heartbeat. It really is uncomfortable. 2) Why is only my right nostril continuously runny? This coincided with the break. Thank you!

Throbbing Runny Nose after Nasal Trauma

This is an issue with the nerve sensation to the nose.  The throbbing is likely a blood vessel that is now pressing on one of the nerves in the nose.  This is fairly obvious, what is not so obvious is that the runny nose is also a nerve problem.  Mucous production, much like saliva production is controlled by nerves.  Irritated nerves in the nose can lead to a constant drainage which gets worse with stimulation (cold, smells, etc).  It is a difficult but not impossible thing to fix.  See an ENT in your area to discuss this.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon