I Was Thrilled when I Heard of Cellulaze but then Read It Cuts the Fibrous Septa(connecting Fibers) Is That Really a Good Idea?

Hi, & thank you all for taking the time answer these questions!! In my frustration with cellulite, while being in great athletic shape, & after trying various treatments to no avail, I tried doing some research on my own, please excuse me if this is a stupid question, but I read that most men have much more of these fibers (like buttons keeping a mattress flat) which is why they don't get cellulite. If that's true, isn't cutting the few we have left bad? Are there ramifications to doing this?

Cellulaze treatment

+3

Actually by cutting the fibers you will heal much like a man's fibrous layer, which aids in treating the cellulite.  Cellulze does much more than this, as the other surgeons have described, and effectively treats all the parameters that cause cellulite.  I would recommend a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon that is familiar with Cellulaze.

+2

Keep researching because you need better understanding of the cutting of the septa. In studies the female septa are more vertical so causing the "dimpling"effect or "valleys" as Cellulaze calls them. In males the setae are more diagonal. By cutting theses fibers/septae the science shows there regrow in a more male pattern. Thus the results shows a smoother effect. BUT CELLULAZE has 3 pathophysiologic issues. 1. The "hills" due to excess sub dermal fat deposits, 2. The "valleys" due to the septa, 3. The thinning of the dermis. Therefore the 360 degree Cellulaze fiber addresses all these areas for treatment. Hope this helps. Regards MIAMI 

Cellulaze Cutting the Connecting Fibrous Septae a Good Idea?

+1

You sound like you could potentially be a good candidate for Cellulaze treatment and you pose a reasonable and thoughtful question. 

Cellulaze does much more than just cutting the verticle fibrous septae which dimple the skin. It also thins and smoothes a potentially thickened and irregular subcutaneous fat layer, and it produces significant thickening and increased elasticity of the overlying skin. So there are multiple components to the treatment, and it is varied according to each patients individual circumstances. It also appears that after the Celluze treatment these fibers tend to regrow in a more male-like pattern.

The fibrous septae cutting component of the procedure is primarily performed where there is visible dimpling of the skin. This is mapped out the patients skin before doing the treatment, so you should not get the impression that all of the skin attachments are cut for every Cellulaze procedure. It is done selectively and directed to specific areas. I hope this helps provide you with a more complete understanding of the procedure.

Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. Cellulaze is a very safe procedure, and is FDA-approved. When the septa is cut, the dimpling, or cellulite, you experience on your skin will be gone. The fibers will reform, but in a different alignment so that cellulite will not return. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend. 

Effect of Cellulaze on Fibrous Bands

+1

Cellulaze is a unique treatment for cellulite because it attacks the actual anatomical distortion that causes the unwanted appearance.  One of these anatomical components are fibrous septa that attach to the skin.  The septa in men and women are different in nature due to hormonal effects.  When the fibrous septa that cause the dimpling are cut, they will reform but they tend to reform similarly to men's fibrous septa.  This is part of the reason why there seems to be long-lasting results with Cellulaze compared to other treatments for cellulite.  Also remember that only the fibers that cause obvious dimpling and indentations are cut and not all of them.  Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that offers the procedure to learn more.

Web reference: http://www.settyplastics.com/body-contouring-mckinney/cellulaze/

Cellulaze Treatment

+1

It sounds like you may be a good candidate for Cellulaze.  During the procedure specific septae that cause major dimples are cut.  The others are left intact.  The septae that are cut can reform, but they should no longer cause dimpling.  There should be no major problems from cutting selected septae.

Web reference: http://kplasticsurgery.com

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze

+1

The bio-directional laser beam is used to cut stubborn septae which cause those infamous “hills and valleys” and liquefy fat cells. Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin which leaves the skin tighter and smoother.

Cutting through fibrous tissue with Cellulaze

+1

Greetings~

I can easily understand how you can be confused but the things you've read.  Cellulaze is a very safe and effective procedure for cellulite.  The septae in men and women can be quite different.  The vertical septae growth in women is what causes dimpling in certain areas.  Cellulaze cuts through these fibers and prevents their readherence, addresses the small lumps by melting pockets of fat and helps to thicken and improve the skin's integrity with the heat that is delivered to the skin....all contributing to a smoother appearance.  So rather thatn skin becoming more lose and dimply after the procedure it actually improves and even tightens.  Hope that helps.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com/plastic_surgery/cellulaze.cfm

Cellulite treatment

+1

Cutting the fibers underneath your skin can relieve the "pitted" appearance that is common with cellulite.  These fibers will reform, but due to the treatment, they are aligned in a different direction where they will not cause noticeable dimpling.  

Take a look on the Cellulaze site and find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who you can consult with and determine whether this is a good treatment for you.

Cellulaze and cutting the septae

+1

Cellulaze works in several ways, one of which is a severing of the septae which tether the skin and produce a dimpling, somewhat like the buttons on a leather chair.  Your concern is a reasonable one, but in terms of the patients who have been studied there do not appear to be deleterious effects.  Remember that another effect of cellulaze is a thickening of the deeper layer of the skin, which probably helps compensate for any looseness.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.