Not Thrilled About Results After Mastectomy and Latissmus Construction. Will it Get Better?

Had a unilateral breast reduction to match the mastectomy + latissmus construction on other side. Reduction used the keyhole incisions. and about 1lb was removed. Not real excited about the results. Its 5 months post surgery. My scars are raised, red and sometimes hurt. I get burning pains under the arm. I've lost sensation in lower part of nipple and of course in entire lower half of breast. Will it ever get better?

Healing from post-mastectomy reconstruction

+1
I am sorry that you are dissatisfied with the result of the contralateral breast reduction. The sensory changes should continue to resolve; sometimes nipple sensation does not return. But, and I am trying to say this as kindly as possible, you have had cancer and it is important to focus on the big picture rather than a reduction scar. If the scar is raised and red, see your plastic surgeon to discuss whether cortisone injection or other modalities would be of benefit.

Breast reconstruction results

+1

The issues that you describe such as sensory changes and potential burning occurs, and can  get better with time.