It Appears that the Dorsal Hump Removed Three Years Ago is Reappearing, is this Possible?

I had rhinoplasty three years ago with great results. I had the bump on the bridge of my nose filed down. However, in the last few months I have noticed the bump reappearing and my side profile seems to be looking a lot like my nose prior to rhinoplasty. Is it possible for this to continue and the bump to reappear?

+1

No, that's not possible however having a crushed only cartilage graft around a hump, to soften its appearance, that has now dissolved may be the reason this hump appears to have returned 3 years after your Rhinoplasty.  Have consultations with an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty.

Dorsal hump reappearing

+1

It would be highly unusual for your dorsal hump to reappear unless you had a rhinoplasty before you completed growth.  You should definitely be examined.

Dorsal hump recurrence after rhinoplasty.

+1

Dorsal hump recurrence after rhinoplasty can happen as one looses fat in the nose with aging. It is simple to file the bump down. If it is a cyst your surgeon can remove it.

Nasal hump removed 3 years ago is reappearing--Is this possible?

+1

I suppose virtually anything is possible, but once removed, a nasal hump does not reappear, especially after 3 years. If you have begun to develop a new bump on your nose, you should see your surgeon and have this area re-examined for cyst, ingrown hair, tumor or other unusual possibilities.

But your hump removal should be permanent, so this certainly bears evaluation. Good luck!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon