Three Weeks Post-op Rhinoplastly, I Still Have Bruising and Swelling?

I am exactly three weeks post-op and I am really worried about my face. My face is clearly larger, and it's going good dy by day though (but slowly). I wish I could use make-up or bronzer for Men, but people see it and it gets me nervous. Under my eyes there is a line of green/yellow bruising and swelling, I have bruising on the sides of my chin aswell. As for my nose, it's wider but it's getting better and better. I wonder, when all this will go away ? Bruising and swelling?

Swelling and bruising

In general, swelling after rhinoplasty takes months and months to fully resolve. The initial swelling may disappear after 2 weeks, but that doesn't mean you still don't have any swelling right now. The good thing is that it sounds like your bruising is getting better because it's no longer purplish red. Please continue to follow your surgeon's care instructions to facilitate your recovery.

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Bruising and swelling 3 weeks after rhinoplasty

Sometimes bruising can last a little longer. Some tricks to reduce swelling include taking Arnica tablets, using Arnica cream, papaya extract, pineapple and tea bags. None of these will hurt. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

10807 Falls Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21093