I Am Three Weeks Post-op from a Breast Reduction and Want to Know How Much Pain is Normal?

I've tried every kind of bra, wireless, sport, loose fit, snug fit and after nothing works...I just take my bra off but even that begins to hurt. I had a successful surgery and my scars are healing fine. Ice packs are a temporary fix.

Three weeks after breast reduction pain should be quite modest.

+1

Patients suffer differently after breast reduction. Significant pain after several weeks is most unexpected however. You will need to experiment with with a pain regimen that give you relief but is not too risky.

Breast reduction and discomfort at three weeks

+1

At three weeks after a breast reduction it is possible to be feeling some discomfort.  You probably need to give it more time, but if concerned it is always best to be seen by your surgeon.

Pain after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. As you can imagine, every patient's experience after surgery differs; therefore, it is not possible to generalize what is considered “normal” pain 3 weeks after the procedure was performed.  Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to evaluating your situation, whether or not the level of discomfort is within the “normal” range, and whether or not there is a complication that may be causing you to have the discomfort.

Once you have been evaluated by your plastic surgeon and complications have been ruled out, time and patience will  be your best friends. Supportive bras, avoidance of strenuous activity, anti-inflammatories ( if okayed by your physician),  and above all patience will be helpful.

Best wishes; most likely you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Pain after a breast reduction

+1

There is certainly no "normal" when it comes to pain.  Everyone's reaction to pain is different.  You can try to use a NSAID such as Advil 3 times a day.  Massage along the lateral breast may help to desensitize the sensory nerves that innervate the breast.