I'm Three Weeks Post Op and I've Noticed Seperation. I Had the Full Anchor Lift W/ 450cc Saline. Does This Look Normal? (photo)

I see a lot of women that have the same problem. I'm wondering if should keep the tape off and cover it with gauze. There's no odor and a slight moisture under my crease.

Three weeks post op

+2

Ideally you should be discussing your concerns with your surgeon.  But that being said, what you are experiencing is common and should heal with wound care.  It always been my position that anything acute post-op should be managed by the surgeon and not the gallery of outsiders.

+2

You have the inverted T incision breakdown due to tension forces on the area. Normal wound care will allow healing. Best to follow up with your surgeon. 

Separation of Breast T Incision Location

+1

This incisional separation at the T intersection of breast reduction and full breast lift is frequently seen by three weeks after surgery. It is best treated by antibiotic ointment and a gauze dressing. It will take 4 to 6 weeks to completely heal in on its own. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Healing problems at the base of the inverted T after a breast lift

+1

This is the most common site for wound separation from  a breast lift or breast reduction.  It is the area that is under the most tension and furthest from the blood supply.   Conservative wound management is all that is needed and this area should heal. 

Minor wound healing issues can occur after mastopexy.

+1

Most of the time wounds like those shown in the photograph heal uneventfully after breast augmentation with mastopexy. The danger here is exposure of the prosthesis which probably would demand removal. It is important to keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon.