Three Weeks After Stomach and Love Handle Lipo: Normal to Have More Discomfort Than Week 2?

Weeks 1 and 2 were not pleasant but after the drains were removed 1.5 weeks in, things got much better, fairly quickly. But the last few days I've had more discomfort than before (in lower ab area close to groin). This is especially noticeable when I stand up after sitting. Three new things I've done this week are switching to under armour during the day instead of my normal compression garment, going to the office and took a walk for 45 minutes. Am I overdoing it perhaps or is this normal?

Pain and activity after liposuction

+2

Pain varies and can be more in week three than in week two.  This may be nerves returning to function or activity related and probably both.  I feel most patients can exercise as much as they wish after two weeks.  It may hurt to do certain things but you will not HURT yourself doing them.  Remember full recovery take a full year so be patient.   Best,  Dr c

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Increased Pain at 3 Weeks Following Liposuction

+1

Pain by itself with activity may not indicate anything in particular, but any increase in activity has the potential to create a fluid collection.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA