Three Weeks After Breast Reduction - What Size Can I Expect?

I am 124 pounds and I'm around 5'6.5 - I was 34D/36C (so I asked not for a MAJOR BR). Dr. took off 334 grams from one side and 293 grams from my other side (627 grams in total) which is 1.38 pounds in total. How many cup sizes do I expect to be after this TYPE of reduction with my type of body??? was this the appropriate amount taken off? I feel that the sides are still very swollen so I am still fitting in my old bars :(

Cup Size after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction surgery  procedure; this operation is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
There is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.

at this point, you will need to continue to exercise patience. When you have healed and the swelling has resolved, you will be able to go bra shopping/fitting.

Best wishes;  hopefully, you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure, regardless of the specific bra cup size  achieved.

Cup size reduction after breast surgery

+1

It is difficult to predict the exact cup size after a breast reduction given that each bra company is different.  Usually a 200 or 300 gm reduction knocks you down a cup or cup and 1/2.

Size after breast reduction

+1

It would be difficult to tell how much of a breast reduction you will have, but I would guess you will have 1-2 cup size difference after the swelling goes down.

Robert Kratschmer, MD