I've Had Three Surgery's. Never Had a Problem with Capsulectomy the First Time Around. (photo)

Saline Under the Muscle the First Time? Second surgery, asked for a lift, but my PS said I just needed to go bigger and silicon, under the muscle. capsulectomry started a month later. Waited a year, no change. third surgery my doctor said I had to much scare tissue,. Procedure: bilateral breast lift and partial Capsulectomy and exchange right implant. My PS prescribed singular and vitamin E, but in the last two weeks its getting worse. please Help, any advice will help me. can this ever be fixed?

Smaller implants and The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

I recommend your implants removed and new smaller silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral.  A circumareola approach can be used to excise the excess skin after smaller implants are placed.  There is a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.  If you have capsular contracture, the capsule will also need to be resected at that time.   

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Surgeries for Capsular Contracture

+1

Since the current thinking about breast capsular contracture point to the role of staph bacteria on the implant precipitating the contracture, it makes sense to remove the capsule entirely and replace the implant. The breast is not sterile and contains a number of staphy species as done the skin.  When these bacteria settle on an implant they form a biofilm that prevents your immune system cells from getting to them. They are also resistant to commonly used antibiotics like cephalosporins.

If you leave the anterior capsule and just cut it, these bacteria are not removed, and the risk of recurrence of the contracture is greater than if you remove the anterior capsule and replace the implant with a new one.  Patients who have recurrent contractures can also be treated by the interposition of Allorderm, acellular dermal matrix, which breaks the ring of contracture, and has been successfully used to prevent recurrent contracture after removal of the capsule. It is quite expensive as a biomaterial.

Your plastic surgeon can give you full information on correction of recurrent capsular contracture.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

I've Had Three Surgery's. Never Had a Problem with Capsulectomy the First Time Around.

+1

Not sure if you had three or four operations. Best to consider PRP with fat grafting to even out the breasts.