Three Months After Tt and I Havent Lost an Inch of my Waist?

I had my tt 3 months ago, my waist measured 30" (I am 5'5" tall, 132 pounds). My waist is still 30", my pants don't fit at the waist, and sometimes my waist even measures more, almost 32". I had full tt with some lipo on the flanks. Its frustrating.

Waist size after tummy tuck

+2

It takes greater than 6 months for the majority of swelling to resolve.  Give yourself the healing time you need before you make any judgements.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Waist measurement after tummy tuck

+2

Dear Loly40,

I am sorry that you are frustrating but it is difficult to express an opinion about your results without physical examination and photographs (before and after the surgery).

I encourage you to consult with your surgeon and to keep in mind that 3 months post surgery is still considered part of the recovery time. Final results are established at 9-12 months post surgery normally if no complications arise.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck resulsts

+1

I agree this can not be answered over the internet and you need to see your doctor. Sorry. You may still  have swelling or have really needed a circumferential body lift. Let us know your progress please.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

I would like to know ,did you use pressure garments.If so how for how long.Are you still using them.Such results as you mention are normally caused by non compliance or poor follow ups.

Since I like to treat my TT scar for 6 months I follow my patients closely to see if they understood how important are the pressure after this surgery to achieve the  wanted results specially if the waist line is as mall as 30 inches.That perhaps shows that you are not very obese in the first place and not much of liposuction was needed and perhaps the extra skin has been removed .In this case you will still have finally the same waist line but much less lower abdomen projection.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

It is not possible to evaluate the results of your tummy tuck surgery without direct examination or viewing before and after pictures. However, I would suggest that you do not evaluate the results of your surgery and/or base your satisfaction level based on the “waist measurements”. On the other hand, I would suggest that you follow-up with your plastic surgeons to communicate your questions and concerns.  Also keep in mind, that after any type of body contouring surgery it may take up to a year to see the final results of the procedure.