I Am Three Days Post Op for Breast Aug. Hurts to Touch Breast?

I had 425cc in my left breast and 475cc in my right. I was a 34B- before surgery. My left breast seems to be doing fine with minimal pain. They both have moderate bruising underneath and along the anterior side. My right breast which has 475cc is very sensitive to touch and it hurts to do the implant displacement exercises. I can feel the implant move when I get up and move different ways. My right breast is slightly harder as well. Is this normal because it was the smaller breast ?

Pain 3 days post op

+1

The pain you are describing seems to be common for a patient 3 days post op.  Each breast will heal at its own rate, especially since they were differently sized prior to surgery.  I recommend you continue to see your plastic surgeon for your follow up visits and contact him/her with your questions and concerns.  Good luck.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Pain At 3 Days After Breast Augmentation

+1

At 3 days post-op it is not uncommon to have bruising, pain, swelling causing asymmetry and implants relative "instability". With time, a capsule will form around the implants stabilizing them into the pockets they occupy.

Furthermore, it seems that you are right handed and you may be using your right arm excessively in an unintentional manner hence it could contribute to the pain in your right breast.

I recommend that you keep your surgeon in the loop of your progress, follow his/her instructions religiously while monitoring your progress closely.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Pain 3 days after a Breast Augmentation

+1

It is common this early after surgery to have the issues you discussed.  The breasts will heal at different rates, one being less painfull than the other and may even settle faster. That is all completely normal. Many patients find the more painful breast is the side of their dominant hand.  You dont realize how much you do with that hand and arm without even thinking about it.  Continue your massage and follow-up with you plastic surgeon.  I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Post augmentation recovery

+1

Post op one should expect some swelling, tenderness and bruising.  If you are concerned with your recovery, it is best to call and let your plastic surgeon evaluate you.  It would probably assure both of you that your recovery is on track.  Best Wishes 

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Post-op it is fairly common to have some bruising, some pain, and some weird sensations. How much is too mcuh is hard to say. Best to see your surgeon.

Pain after breast augmentation

+1

Thanks for your question.  In my practice it is unusual to have even mild bruising a few days after surgery.  Please see your plastic surgeon and make sure you do not have a hematoma.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD