Thread Lift or Mini Lift for Sagging Jowls and Neck?

I am a 43-year-old female. I have sagging jowls and neck. Jowls are genetic and my neck was damaged through excessive dieting. I am considering either a thread lift or a mini lift. Will thread lift remove the waddle?

No to Thread Lifts

+3

It sounds to me that you may be a candidate for a lower face and neck lift but certainly not a thread lift. This thread lift has really not stood up to scientific scrutiny and is generally been cast aside by most reputable surgeons. A minilift or short scar facelift is an excellent procedure on those with the proper indications. It is not as effective for the upper neck "waddle" as the more traditional facelift however.

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thread lifts do nice but Mini lift does better

+2

Threadlifts do good for the jowls and cheeks and eyebrows but not so great on necks. A mini lift or facelift does much better and lasts longer but is much more expensive. Threadlifts last 1-5 yrs and do great to tweek areas or fine tune them to what you want even after a facelift but necks are especially difficult areas to tighten.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon