Considering Thread Lift But Wondering Why Its Received So Many Bad Reviews.

I am considering to have a thread lift, but so far I don't see many good reviews from people who actually did. I wonder what is a major reason for that.

Is a Threadlift even available anymore?

+2

The Threadlift was an exciting new minimally invasive way to lift the facial tissues.  It failed as a result of its cost and relative ineffectiveness with results being very short lived.

Thread Lift

+1

Threads must be precisely inserted to grab the correct amount of tissue for an adequate lift; multiple threads must be inserted as well. If performed properly a thread lift can provide a significant improvement. Although, not as long lasting as a corrective facelift.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Thread lift is a very poor device

+1

The thread lift does not really work well at all.  It lasts a few  months usually and the threads are very expensive.

It cannot compare to surgery or even Botox.

Nasimul Huq, MD
Niagara Falls Plastic Surgeon

Thread Lift is not appropriate for most patients

+1

While the Thread Lift (or Feather Lift) is conceptually a good idea, it is a procedure that will not produce satisfactory results on the vast majority of patients.  I have seen good results in some patients, but for most people, the procedure simply cannot replicate the effects of surgery as it promised to do.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Thread Lift

+1

I doubt you will find a positive review on thread-lifts anywhere, because they simply don't work for longer than 6-8 weeks.  The thread-lift is/ was the ultimate price to result mismatch.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Simply said too costly for poor results. The threads or threading can not hold the weight of the lifted tissues for more than 6 months if that. Plus the cost of these specialized threads. Be careful out there.