Why Does Thread Lift Last Only for a Short Time?

What are the reasons for the thread lift technique in facelifts apparently having poor longevity? Do the threads stretch, or is the amount of skin lifted too heavy? Thanks.

No Good Answer But Experience

+2

I do not think anyone has even postulated why the thread lift procedure has such poor long term results. It is likely because the procedure only pulls skin and the skin simply relaxes in a short time. While there may be no explanation as to why, there is an increasing body of evidence which demonstrates the lack of longevity for results of the procedure.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

What sometimes begins to happen is that the skin loosens and pulls through the threads with time.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Thread lifts do not maintain their result

+1

From my experience, it appears that the barbs are not sturdy enough to maintain the result and hold the skin in place.  it appears that the skin loosens. rarely the knots can fail. However this is generally rare.