Should I get a lift along with the implants? (photo)

I am 25 years old. Nursed for abt a yr.I weigh 120 and measure 5"4. One of my concerns with the lollipop lift is the vertical scar from the incisions. I've gone to different consultations & there has been two doctors that say they can achieve great results w/out doing the lift. If I choose the lift they would also shrink the areola. Mine are rather large and I was advised that they expand even more with implants. I don't know what's the right decision to make. Advise much needed please!

How to decide breast lift and implants or implants alone

+3

Thank you for your photographs and question. Although from your photographs I believe a breast lift will improve your results, if you're undecided then have the breast augmentation first and decide 6 months later if you need and want a lift.

I think patients worried far too much about scarring from breast lift. In my experience after a year when scars are typically final the patient's are so happy with the shape of their breasts that the scars do not bother them.

BBA

+1
An inperson consultation is best.  Having said that, you are borderline.  I would likely offer you an augmentation with on the table decision about a lift.  I would lean towards the lift.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM

+1

The only reason to get implants is to increase size. However, you definitely need a lift and I recommend a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection. Many women do not like lifts because of the ugly vertical scars and nipple numbness but The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM maintains nipple sensation and avoids vertical scars. If you want to increase your bra size then an implant can be placed through the same incision. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

I would tend toward the lollipop lift with implants under the muscle. A lift that goes only around the areola won't provide you the amount of lift you need.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Circumareolar Breast lift

+1

Dear Change,

Your best result would include at least a circumareolar breast lift. This would also reduce the size of your areolae. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Breast Augmentation With or Without Lift

+1

The perspective and angle of the photographs make it difficult to assess your true 'ptosis' or sagging, but I believe that you will not have an optimal result with breast augmentation alone. If your breasts sag enough, even the circumareolar reduction will fail to provide the shape you will consider aesthetically pleasing.

Opting for augmentation when you need a breast lift will usually lead the doctor (and you) toward an inappropriately large, high profile implant, which still will not deliver a pleasant result. Opting for a circumareolar lift when a more formal lift is indicated, may not only be unpleasing in appearance, but may lead to problems that are difficult to fix, even with revision surgery requiring all the incisions of a formal lift.

Your consultations should have brought you to surgeons expert in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, including lifts and reductions. Certification by the ABPS and membership with the ASAPS are necessary but baseline requirements. After examination and recommendations by the surgeon, photographs of sample patients with similar breast aesthetics should be viewed to see their results. If it is determined that you would be best served with a breast lift in addition to implants, but you can not come to terms with scars, you should not do any surgery at all.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

+1

"On the fence" patients should consider doing the implant in 1st operation than if not happy have the second operation of a lifting.///

Lift with Implants, or Not? (photos)

+1

I just want to see more of the little cutie in green slacks with white polka dots! Sorry, difficult to offer sound advice from submitted data alone. Photos not bad, but decision for or against lift depends on so many factors. In general, go with surgeon you trust, but realize if you choose implants that are too small, if you're dissatisfied with low position of brasts or their shape or mobility after augmentation alone, you may want lift added afterward. The good news: Even if you need lift as a secondary procedure, it can often be done in the office under local anesthesia, will diminish areola size, and vertical scar from areola to bottom of breast probably not necessary.

Steve Laverson, MD

Implants and/or lift

+1

It looks like you could benefit from implants as for a lift it may just require a circumareola procedure. Best to be seen in person.

Implants with or without lift?

+1

It is difficult to give recommendations without examining you and seeing better photos. My assumption from your history and photos is that you have lost elasticity in your skin and you may have stretch marks. The decision to do a lift (and what kind of lift) will depend on many variables - how big of implants you want, the quality of your skin, and your nipple position. My impression is that you would benefit from a lift at the same time, since you seem to have droopy breasts at the lower portion and I am suspecting your skin has lost elasticity. I would need to examine you in person to be definitive. I recommend you seek a few consults and work with a qualified plastic surgeon whom you feel comfortable with. You can always have implants placed, and if you are not happy with the contour, have a secondary lift later. Good luck!

Dr. Michelle Spring

Michelle Spring, MD