Any Thoughts or Advice on a Nefertiti Lift?

Nefertiti lift and All That Jazz...

+2

The Plastic Surgery sandbox is relatively small and we quickly know our playmates and leaders. With perseverance and dedication a surgeon can stay at the current edge of the latest innovations in our field without having to succumb to branding old and tried surgical procedures with catchy names. Ever wondered about the difference between the Daylift, silhouette lift,  I can't believe it's a lift lift, did I even get a lift or was I ripped off by a con job lift? 

You would do well to see a Plastic surgeon who is well trained, is board certified and who does not resort to selling branded procedures to stay afloat in a competitive market. 

Nefertiti Lift?

+1

Thank you for your question. Regardless of the type of lift performed, you should talk with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and develop a plan on the goals you have, and develop a plan to achieve the goals with realistic expectations, and move forward. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Yikes ! Another son Surgical procedure claims the same results

+1

I have actually never heard of the Nefertit Lift" so looked it up: most references indicate  it appears to be a non-surgical procedure using Botox or Dysport treating muscles that cause skin to sag. My own feeling is although there may be some small improvement that is about it. I have extensive experience using Botox and the results will be minimal—hence you are not going to have the significant long term benefits as a surgical procedure. If it is too good to be true then generally that is the case.

Other mini-lift procedures such as the Lifestyle Lift, LiftLift, Quick lift and others are branded surgical techniques. The primary concern is who has branded these techniques and which surgeons are the most qualified to perform them. Heavily marketed mini-facelifts are often performed by surgeons who are not board-certified plastic surgeons or facial aesthetic surgeons. The doctors who perform these surgeries are often ENT specialists without prior aesthetic fellowships, general surgeons, dermatologists and even oral surgeons who have not undergone the rigorous training or length of training.

The longest and most thorough training are probably Plastic Surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This is the only Plastic Surgery  program recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties, and requires years of training and education. In general, the better your surgeon, the better your result.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Branded facelifts

+1

The Lifestyle lift was the first of many branded facelifts all competing via aggressive advertising campaigns.  The thrust of  these campaigns is to appeal to patient's desires for rapid recovery through less invasive surgery, often performed under local anesthesia and claiming excellent results.  Some, like this one do not even involve surgery at all!  Unfortunately, many of these branded facelifts are no more than marketing ploys to attract patients. Having said that, there are many patients who are well-suited to the minimally-invasive facelift often via short incisions under conscious sedation.  My concern is that the distinction is not often made between the type of patient who would be well-suited to this procedure versus the patient who needs a more extensive procedure to obtain the result they have in mind. 

Glynn Bolitho, PhD, MD, FACS

Nefertiti lift

+1

My understanding is that this is a facelift achieved through only Botox injectible. Botox is a well established product. It is not FDA-approved for jawline, but I believe the procedure has been performed without problems. If you have banding in your neck without skin laxity, this may be a nonsurgical option to improve appearance of the neck. If there is significant heaviness/laxity of the lower face skin, you probably want to consider surgical options. I would recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs injectibles and surgery so you have full access to all possible options.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

+1

I agree with my colleague that many of these Face Lift and Neck Lift variants are more marketing hype than Lifts.  Be sure that the plastic and cosmetic surgeon, you choose, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Nefertiti Lift

+1

I had never heard of this new "brand" of face lifting procedure until I read your question.  After a little "research" I have come to understand it is the use of Botox placed at strategic points.  Please see a plastic surgeon who performs surgery and does not resort to gimics.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Branded plastic surgery - watch out!

+1

Any real genuine plastic surgeon whom you would want for your doctor would not resort to a bogus branded procedure trying to tempt you into their practice.  Go to a real doctor and express your concerns and ask for recommendations and advice.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

It's Botox

+1

Morning LWA,

It's Botox, used to contour the jawline, particularly at the angle of the jaw.  Soooooooooo many marketing schemes out there right now.  That being said, it can be quite effective but it's not a special technique performed by just a single doctor or group of doctors.

Best of luck

Chase Lay MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift

+1

I wonder!

You will pay more attention buying a blouse, a dress or any thinfg than paying attention to who is doing your face lift.

Branded procedures are gymics to part you from your money by shysters who do not know how to do a face lift. Tought to unqualified "specialist" with Boards that do not exist and even not recognized by The American Board of Medical Specialties.

This not limited to face lifts, but involves all cosmetic procedures done by unqualified "doctors"Thaey even can not name the muscles of the face.

See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board Of Plastic Surgery)