I Thought my Breast Would Be Bigger After Surgery Than What They Are..

I was a 34 A before having surgery. I am 5'3 and 120 lbs. I told my doctor I wanted to be a small D.. I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and I'm not totally satisfied. I feel like I am a B cup. My surgeon went with 375 cc's. In your professional opinion do they seem anywhere close to a D? Thanks!

Breast implant sizing

+1

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saiine/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 

If revisionary surgery is decided upon, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm

Disappointed in breast size after augmentation

+1

If you were an A cup, and if your skin was fairly tight, it is possible that 375cc was the largest implant that could be fit in without giving you a too full upper pole with a very unnatural look.  Maybe you wre looking for this, maybe not.  I make no promises to patients as to cup size...it is too inaccurate, there is no standardization of bra sizes among bra manufacturers, etc.  My patients try on sizers and, with my advice, choose the volume they want to add to their breasts.  If they hae skin that I suspect is too tight to accomodate that size without creating an unnatural look, then we discuss what they desire more...a given size regardless of how it looks or a more natural appearing breast augmentation. 

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-surgery.html

Breast implants

+1

At three weeks it ia hard to say what the final rsult will be.  Volumes do not always match up to cup size. I usually ahve patients do a baggy test to see if they like the volume and go from there.  I do not get bogged down too much on cup size.  If you are unhappy speak with your surgeon.

Wanting to go bigger after breast augmentation

+1

It is very common for patients to feel that they may not be as big as they imagined after undergoing a breast augmentation. There are anatomical limits as to how large your tissues can stretch, and this may have been a factor in your surgeon's ultimate choice of implant size.  I recommend waiting at least six months before you considering changing the size of your implants. I prefer to use 3D imaging which simulates on a computer what a patient will look like with a certain size implant-this takes the guess work out of choosing implant sizes.

Be patient and communicate with your surgeon over the next several months as you recover.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Rememer that 375 cc is 1 1/2 cup sizes or more

+1

The size implants you describe should give an augmentation of 1-2 cup sizes.  That may be all that is possible without creating problems.  Remember that your surgeon has to work with the skin you have--which has stretch limits, thickness, and texture that is individually yours.

If implants are placed that are too large, your tissues will stretch over time to create deformities for which there is no solution.  I would bet that your surgeon did exactly right by you.

Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

I not sure how we can judge what cup size you are without seeing a photo. But at 5'3" and 375 it would hard to believe that you are not a good sized c cup at least. I'm sure you can squeeze into a B cup bra and maybe even an A if you really wanted to but that doesn't mean that's the size you really are. Please include photos so we can give an accurate assessment of what size you are.

Breast size after breast augmentation.

+1

Breast implants come in many different sizes and shapes.  Determining the size of the implants that match a patient's goals is determined in several different ways:

• breast sizes - the volume of implants can be evaluated by trying on different sized implants to determine how they look on a patient's body frame
  • breast measurements- plastic surgeons should measure the breast to determine the width and projection of the breast as well as the presence of asymmetry
  • patient description - this is the most difficult because bra cup sizes vary according to manufacturers and patient's descriptions

Evaluating implant size with body proportions is essential.  Every patient has different breast volumes, rib cage width and skin elasticity.  I spend a lot of time with patients with this decision and explain which implant will be chosen and how it is chosen to meet a patient's needs.

Did you have a comfortable understanding before surgery or were you not aware of the size chosen before surgery?

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation, should have gone bigger

+1

Communication is key in order to get the breast augmentation result you are looking for. It is impossible to assign a cup size to any particular breast implant. A not infrequent comment after breast augmentation is one of 'I should have gone bigger'. It is unlikely that with your 375cc implant you are not at least a C-cup, though the proof will be when you start bra shopping. Rather than talking about anticipated cup size, a picture is worth a thousand words.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast Implant Results

+1

Without seeing before and after pictures or seeing you in person, it is really difficult to give you specific advice or comment on your results.  Hopefully, you have good communication with your surgeon and the office staff and you are able to express your worries.  That said, you are only 3 weeks post op and you really need to heal several months to see the final results as the swelling resolves and the tissues settle.  If you do decide to have larger implants, the recovery is must easier than the initial operation.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Determining Cup Size

+1

Communication is extremely important before surgery.  Breast cup size unfortunately is very difficult to predict and guarantee before having breast implants.  There are many variables associated with the traditional measurement.  Those include different brands, the band size you're comfortable with, and how you wear the bra.  Rather than guarantee the cup size, most plastic surgeons will try to determine the "look" you're seeking and recommend a range of implant sizes that is safe for your body based on your breast exam and measurements.  Many will also have implants in the office for you to try to get an idea of how much volume is right for you.  

I tell my patients to wait after surgery about six weeks for most of the swelling to go down then get professionally sized somewhere like Nordstrom or Victoria's Secrets.  Many women are not the size they think they are and may be wearing a bra that is too big or too small.

Without photographs and/or an exam it is difficult to give you specifics on your results.  However, based on your height, weight and preop cup size, 375cc are reasonable sized implants.  If you are still not satisfied after you are measured then you should discuss a revision with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/breast/augmentation-westchester-ny/