Could this be an inverted V deformity and if so, how is this corrected and why did it happen?

I have constant pain where the upper nasal bones meets the softer part of the nose (mid way down). There is a shadowed dent of an upside down V...scared my whole nose is going to collapse. I am nine months post of and my tip is showing signs of collapse. I need to wear a breathe right strip now and the only other way to alleviate the pain and tension in my nose is to hold my nose up at a different angle.

Inverted V

+1
 An inverted V deformity occurs when the upper lateral cartilages collapse after osteotomies are done on the nasal bones to narrow the nose.  This can be corrected with spreader grafts with cartilage from the nasal septum, ear or rib.  This will correct the cosmetic deformity as well as open middle nasal vault to improve breathing.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD. Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Inverted V deformity

+1
It is quite possible that you have collapse of yoru middle vault, Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Inverted v

+1
You will benefit by consulting your plastic surgeon. Your breathing problem and appearance description suggest that reconstruction of your nasal internal valves may improve your situation.

John M. Griffin, MD

Inverted V deformity?

+1
It is impossible to answer this question without seeing photographs or doing an examination. Face forward and profile photos are preferred.