What graft is needed after rhinoplasty to mimic breathe right strip?

I did not have any breathing problems at all before rhinoplasty. I now have a handful of problems, one of them being not being able to breathe properly. I now wear breathe right strips when at home.

+1
The strips are typically worn at the level of the internal nasal valve.  Spreader grafts and other techniques can be used to open the internal nasal valve.

Revision Rhinoplasty Grafts

+1
There are a number of different grafts that can be used depending on your individual circumstance. Spreader grafts, alar batten grafts, lateral crural strut grafts, and/or butterfly grafts are some of your options. Where the strips will be used depends on the area of narrowing/collapse.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Breathe right strip and internal valve

+1
The breathe right strips open up the internal nasal valve, and it is quite possible that this is the problem you know suffer from. Often spreader grafts will sovle the problem.

Spreader Grafts to Improve Breathing

+1
You may have collapse of the internal nasal valve and the way to mimic the effect of a breathe right strip externally is with a spreader graft internally. This is something that needs to be determined by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD
MarinAesthetics.com

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breathing difficulties after rhinoplasty

+1
Dorsal spreader grafts help improve breathing associated with the internal valve.  If the obstruction is at the tip, the external valve has been affected and you may need alar strut grafts.

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Spreader grafts mimic breathe right strips.

+1
Spreader grafts mimic breathe right strips. See a surgeon who is familiar with doing this and you should be happy.

Breathing difficulty after rhinoplasty

+1
Generally, a breathe-rite strip helps to support the side wall and "middle vault" of the nose. This can be mimicked with spreader grafts and lateral crural strut grafts during a rhinoplasty. You should see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can determine where your source of blockage is and can give you the best option for improvement.
-Dr. Asaria

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Spreader Grafts may help breathing problems after Rhinoplasty

+1
After rhinoplasty there may be a collapse of the internal nasal valve area between the septum and the upper lateral cartilages.  If you notice an improvement in breathing with breathe right strips, then a spreader graft placed into this area will help.  I typically use cartilage from the nasal septum to correct this.  

Adam C. Augenstein, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon