Do I Need a THIRD Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I am 52, 5'6" NEVER weighted more than 125/130. Had mini tuck at 27 to remove stretch marks and excess skin, afterwards still had excess skin. Had full abdominoplasty at 40. After last surgery the PS said that I looked great and my waist was small (it was never big). He said he would lipo one side of pubic area which extends further out then other, said the excess skin was nothing! Sideways in jeans my stomach is extended,and hangs over. Is this normal after two surgeries? Do I need this again?

Third tummy tuck for extra skin

+1

Your photos are not great but they do demonstrate the fact that you have a significant amount of skin excess in the lower abdominal area.  You however are hunching over in the photos making it impossible to get a realistic estimate of how much skin excess there is and where exactly all that skin recruitment is from. 

You certainly can have another tummy tuck or abdominoplasty but please remember that a tummy tuck is meant to take care of or improve the extra SKIN that your abdominal area has.  It does NOT primarily treat the abdominal fat.  It in addition will take care of muscle laxity in the abdominal area if plication of the rectus fascia is performed.  A live examination with your plastic surgeon will better tell you whether you have enough skin to move your umbilicus without problems as well.

If you have seen the same plastic surgeon for the prior two procedures then it seems you are happy with him/her and they are doing a good job for you.  Stick with them and ask them all your questions before your proceed.

Good luck!

Freehold Plastic Surgeon

An in person consultation is needed.

+1

It is impossible to tell what you have from those photos, but it does look as if you have excess skin and would benefit from a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Third abdominoplasty

+1
I don't find the photos to be very helpful so I suggest that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. You could have very lax skin and only a physical exam will indicate whether there is enough to be gained from additional surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Abdomen should look great after tummy tuck.

+1

Hi.

1)  I don't know why, but it looks like you stomach can be made to look a lot better with another abdominoplasty.

2)  Just going by the way your belly button looks, I don't think you have had a full abdominoplasty in the past.

3)  This video is a little outdated (we have made progress in several areas), but you may find it useful anyway.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)