Is It Possible to Thinner the Bridge Without Touching the Tip of the Nose? (photo)

Hello,Dear Doctors.My question is whether it is possible to have an osteotomy of the bridge of the nose without touching the tip?My bridge after first rhinoplasty became wider because of the hump reduction.I want to thinner the bridge without making changes to the tip.Is it possible?

Imaging Helpful for Nasal Surgery Decisions

+1

Yes it is possible to thin/narrow your nasal bridge area without touching the tip of your nose. As this is a revision I would suggest that you consider imaging your nose to see what it might look like first to help you decide on the correct choice for you.

Thinning The Nose Bridge ONLY

+1

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for uploading your photographs and for your inquiry as well.

Yes, it is possible to narrow your nose bridge without tempering with the nose tip.

As you probably know, revisions are more delicate than primary Rhinoplasty. So I adise you that you seek a physical examination with a surgeon of ample experience in the field to obtain commendable results.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Narrowing Bridge without Changing the Tip

+1

The bridge can be narrowed without changing other parts of the nose.  After surgery you want all sections of the nose to be proportional

Narrowing the Bridge on its own.

+1

Yes this is possible. The nasal bones on either side of the nose can be brought in gently to narrow the bridge and re constitute the apex or "Roof" of your nose. This can be done on its own if that is all that is required.

Web reference: http://www.8west.ca/resources/rhinoplasty-resources/

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thinning the bridge of your nose

+1

Yes, you can address the bridge of your nose without touching the tip. The best way to go about this is through a closed rhinoplasty approach.

You Can Do a Partial Rhinoplasty- But You Might Not Like The Results

+1

It is certainly possible to narrow the bridge of the nose (using osteotomys) without doing anything to the tip. If you have had a previous rhinoplasty and are happy with everything but the width of the nasal bridge, then osteotomys may solve your problem. You do need to be careful. The overall appearance of the nose is all about perspective. A tip that looks good when the bridge is wide, may not look as good once the bridge is narrowed. Computer imaging would be very helpful with this. Have your surgeon take a picture of you and then using computer imaging have them show you what the nose would look like if the bridge were narrowed. Make sure that you still like the look of the tip once this has been done. Sometimes, when you narrow the bridge, the tip no longer looks right. You can then image a tip-plasty at the same time and compare the two results.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, without a photo it is a little more difficult to advise you. You can do a primary or revision rhinoplasty without doing any tip work. I don't know if you need tip work. You need to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Thinner bridge with changing the tip

+1

Thank you for the question. It is possible to do surgery on the nose bridge without changing the tip. Having said that, you need to have in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Keep in mind that revision surgery on the nose is more complex than primary rhinoplasty.