I have a wide bulbous nose. How much would it be to get a thinner nose? (photos)

I have a wide bulbous nose I know this lol. But I am going to the navy in June and I would really like to resolve this issue. I feel as if maybe I could thin out the bridge of my nose it would look a little better. And then worry about the bulbous tip. But I don't know how rhinoplasty works. But I assume that the more work you get the higher the price. But I would love to get some work done so my face could look better. It ruins my confidence when u smile cuz it gets bigger so I need help please

I have a wide bulbous nose. How much would it be to get a thinner nose?

+1
It is possible to improve the appearance of a wide and bulbous nose with rhinoplasty surgery. Cost can vary depending on your location and the complexity of the procedure. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He/she will evaluate your nose in person and advise you. Computer imaging software may be used to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

+1
   I reduce larger noses with tip refinement and bridge narrowing techniques every week with a closed rhinoplasty approach so that you heal more quickly.

The procedure may cost $6000 to $9000 or so.

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1
You do have a wide nose.  Your nose could be improved with a rhinoplasty.  Next step is to have an evaluation by an experienced plastic surgeon.  At this time your surgical options could be reviewed and your expectations can be defined.  

Large, Wide Nose with Bulbous Tip

+1
Your wide nose can be narrowed, including the bridge, midportion, tip and nasal base. This will make a tremendous difference so your nose is proportional to the rest of your facial features. The entire procedure should be explained to you at the time of consultation. You will have to move quickly if you plan on joining the Navy in just 6 weeks It will cost about  $9,000. Thank you in advance for volunteering for military service.9,000. 

Bulbous nasal tip

+1
Your nose is amenable to modification in reason to reduce thefullnes of the tip and address the wide central portion of your nose.  Typically an ethnic nose like yours I would approch through and open approach given the need to perform significant sturcutral grafting to support what tends to be fairly soft cartilage.  You may benefit from some grating of the nasal dorusm along with osteotomies/ fracturing to narrow it.  Obviously a comprhensive evaluation and imaging would be helpful to give you a realistic idea of what to expect.  Price varies by region, but consult the realself cost index for your region to get a sense about pricing.  All the best to you.

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
Yes, you are likley an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty but an exam in person is essential. Narrowing of the nose is very possible. Would love to see your profile and dorsal height.

African American rhinoplasty cost

+1
 Yes, you are good candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure. To narrow the wide nasal bridge, medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones are required. The bulbous tip can be addressed with suture techniques or cartilage removal through the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip. An alar plasty is required to narrow wide nostrils. All this can be done  with closed rhinoplasty techniques  under a brief general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. 

+1
Congrats on going into the Navy!  Thank you for your service!  Based on your photos, you are an excellent candidate for a Rhinoplasty.  Prices vary around the country.  Contact the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) for a list of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area.   See someone that does lots of Rhinoplasty surgery for your best result.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD