Can I get a thinner looking nose with smaller nostrils and shapely nose? (photo)

Hi, I am interested in a nose job but am a bit reluctant. I have heard stories of people losing feelings in their nose (fluid dripping without even knowing it). Also, i do not want more than 1 operation so your honest opinions of whether i should do it or not will be greatly valued. I wNt to know if what i desire can be achieved with one operation. I basically just want a smaller, more shaped nose with a form to it, not just a big blob.I want 2 get the nostril pinched shape & a bit thinner?

Rhinoplasty for Smaller Nostrils #nosejob

+1

Rhinoplasty is very personal and it really depends on physical exam. Lots can be done to the nose to reshape it. What is most important is that you have a full grasp on the changes you are seeking. You then need to communicate that to your potential surgeon. At that time the surgeon should be able to tell you what is and what is not realistic for you. Rhinoplasty surgery is so much about managing expectations. Many times what a patient wants is not possible, or what they want was not clearly identified before surgery.

Thinner Nose with Smaller Nostrils

+1

The key to achieving your goals is to select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist whose results you like. The tip can be refined and the base of your nose narrowed. Without a full set of nasal pictures as described on my website it is difficult to make specific recommendations.

Rhinoplasty for smaller nostrils and more shapely tip

+1

It is certainly possible to narrow and refine the tip of the nose with a tip plasty which consists of suturing techniques of the lower lateral cartilages and occasionally cartilage removal as well. An alar plasty may be required to narrow wide nostrils to help with the bottom-heaviness of the nose. For many examples of nose a similar to your own, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is quite possible to thin the nostrils and narrow the lower third of the nose. Be aware that the nose will be very swollen post-op and may take up to a year to see the final result.

Can I get a thinner looking nose with smaller nostrils and shapely nose?

+1

The areas that concern you can be realistically cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a narrower looking nose and nostrils.

+1

Rhinoplasty for a narrower looking nose and nostrils can be done to your nose and nasal base. If you go to a very experienced surgeon you are more likely to have the results you want without any negative effects.

Several rhinoplasty options available

+1

Dear Realme123,

Those seem to be reasonable requests and expectations. One of the options that you have is called a Weir excision which can help narrow your nostril width. This can be done in the office under local anesthesia and the recovery is quite quick. If you desire more shape and refinement to the tip of your nose you will need a more formal rhinoplasty where the cartilage of the nose is shaped. The amount of change that can be accomplished will depend on the thickness of your skin.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

+1

I think you have reasonable goals that can be achieved with a closed rhinoplasty.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.