How Do I Get a Thinner Face ? (photo)

Hi , i want my lower face to be thinner without disturbing my cheek bones which look very nice when i smile . i want a better defined jawline and a thinner face on my lower portions of the face. I also have a small double chin which i want to get away with. Pls advice.

Thinner Face?

+2

Thanks for submitting the question and photograph.

My opinion is that you do not need any surgery . Also from your picture, I can not see a double chin. Maybe you could ask a trusted friend or two for their opinion. We all tend to be too hard on ourselves sometimes.  Please believe your friends if they say you do not need surgery.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

The simplest solution to make your face thinner, particularly below the cheek bones, is to use Botox®

+1

The simplest solution to make your face thinner, particularly below the cheek bones, is to use Botox®.  While Botox® was initially used in this area to treat painful TMJ Syndrome, as an added aesthetic benefit, treatment in this area shrinks the powerful masseter muscles at the corner of your jaw on each side.  In this way, a square appearing face is made to look rounder, softer and thinner. 

It’s difficult to tell from the frontal view picture how much of a “double chin” you have.  Perhaps a bit of liposuction under the chin (referred to as submentoplasty) would solve your problem there.

Michael R. Macdonald, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Please be careful what you look for.

+1

There is no substitute for a personal consultation.  There are so many options not all of which will work for every person.  Fullness under the chin can often be addressed with neck liposuction.  Fullness of the lower face might benefit from jaw line BOTOX.  Fullness in the low cheek might benefit from under eye filler.  I recommend that you do your homework and consult with ethical and respected local cosmetic surgeons.