Thinner and More Defined Face? (photo)

i'm 28 years old and have fat and round face.i want to have thinner and defined face.i ve made a little bit research about internet and found an operation named Buccal fat removal.i think it is not enough to make face thinner and defined,so what else i can do to have more defined face?

Sculpted face and buccal fat removal

+1

Dear mahmer,

• You may benefit from a couple of things
  • A neck liposuction would help define the neck, jawline for a masculine sculpted look
  • A buccal fat removal can make the cheeks less full
  • A consultation with an exam would be very beneficial for you so you can get all of your questions answered

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Buccal fat pad reduction to masaculinize

+1

Buccal fat pad reduction is a procedure that is not commonly performed but can make sense in the right patient.  It is important to understand the anatomy before undergoing the surgery so that you are well informed.  Normal aging reduces the buccal fat pad volume.  It is true that some people have more volume in their cheeks than others.  However, it is also universally true that that volume will decrease and descend over time.  Removing too much buccal fat can cause premature aging.  It is also important to remember that replacing fat that has been removed is extraordinarily difficult if not impossible.  The main reason is the location of the buccal fat pad.  It usually resides underneath a large muscle that is responsible for majority of the power motions of your chewing.  Once that fat is removed that space collapses.  Once collapsed it is very difficult to find the exact space and to reinsert a substance such as a filler or better yet fat.  One potential solution is to use something like Sculptra.  While I generally do not advocate buccal fat pad removal, I understand why somewhat would want procedures such as this.  I tried to choose my patients very carefully and I also tried to be conservative in the amount of fat that is removed.  Surgeons who trivialized this procedure simply don’t understand how difficult it is to correct deformities that may occur.  The cost of the procedure can run anywhere from $3000-$7000, depending upon your geographic locale.  Please visit with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  My best advice is to always be conservative with any buccal fat pad reduction.

Raj S. Ambay, MD