I was thinking of getting a tummy tuck how do I go about getting a consultation?

Im 200 pounds and I want the rolls on my back to get taken off as well

+1

I make myself available to my patients by email.

A physical exam would be necessary to make a determination about the appropriate intervention.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

How do I get a Consult?

+1
Getting a consult is easy. Just call!!  My patient coordinators will answer all of your questions over the phone.  My website has lots of before and after pics.  You need to see the work of the surgeon, this is as much an art as science.  I look forward to helping you!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring

+1

Its best for your to be at a weight you can maintain easily as it will be your best predictor of whether you will keep your results from surgery.  If this is your current weight, call offices and talk to friends if any have had the procedures you are considering.  Also make sure the doctors you see don't refuse to see heavier patients as there are some of them out there.  Best wishes!

Curtis Wong, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

To best help you, please send in some pictures consisting of a front, back, left and right side view of your body as well as your height and weight, in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case and that way come out with the best review.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.To get optimum results its recommended that you be at your ideal weight. Once you are at your ideal weight I recommend that you call a board certified plastic surgeon to make an appointment for a consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

How do I go about getting a consultation?

+1
I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person at the consultation.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

How to get a consultation for a tt

+1

I would recommend you do research, both from your doctor, people you know, and local searches on line even. Look for a surgeon who is board certified in plastic surgeon and does a large amount of cosmetic TT procedures. get a consultation and start from there. You may want a couple to compare what the doctors tell you and which one feels right to you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Getting a consultation

+1
Getting a consultation is relatively easy. Asking a friend who has had surgery, asking your doctor or searching the Internet are all good ways to get started. And plastic surgeons are more than happy to talk with people about surgery.

A few pointers for scheduling a consultation:

• The surgeon should be a board certified plastic surgeon with experience. Check out the practice’s website. Before and after photos may be listed as well as the physician’s bio.
  • Consider having consultations with different surgeons in different offices.  A second opinion never hurts.
  • Get a feel for the office staff – how they answer the phone, how they treat you. You will likely be dealing with the staff as much as your surgeon.

The Consultation:

• A list of questions is usually helpful to organize your thoughts and make sure you leave feeling educated about your surgery. Come prepared.
  • Get a sense of how you connect with the surgeon. The patient-physician relationship is very important (especially if there is a post-operative complication).
  • The consultation should be specific to you – your desires and expectations and how the surgery pertains to your body.
  • You should feel informed and educated when leaving a consult not like something was sold to you.
  • Ultimately this process is to provide you with as much information as possible for you to make the best decision regarding your body.

Benjamin Rechner, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Getting a consultation is easy!

+1
Hi kiaevans83.   I suggest you find a qualified plastic surgeon in your area. The best references come from friends who have had surgery.  You can also ask your regular doctor.  If these sources are not helpful, I suggest you find a surgeon through the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website.  Good luck!

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon