I'm Thinking About Getting a Tt in March. How Long in Advance Should I Start Getting Consultations?

Tummy Tuck Consultations

+1

You should consider getting several consultations with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons with experience and expertise in body contouring surgery 2-3 months in advance of any operative procedure to learn the procedure, benefits, and complications.

How Long in Advance Should I Start Getting Consultations?

+1

It is not too early right now. You may hit it off with the first surgeon you see, but it may take a few consultations until you find someone with whom you are comfortable. 

There can be some preparation--medical evaluation or tests, weight loss recommendations and so forth, none of which can I tell from the info in the question. 

The sooner you start, the more likely you are to get the surgery date that you which. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Timing for consultations

+1

It is never to early to begin the consultation process.  Good planning is helpful to you and your surgeon.  You'll want to have plenty of time to select the surgery date that works best for you, receive information on what to expect, and time to plan for your surgery day and recovery. Best wishes to you!  

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Timing of tummy tuck consultation

+1

When getting a consultation for a tummy tuck, I would suggest you start getting consultations at least 1 to 3 months before your planned surgery.  You will have to coordinate your schedule with your surgeon's schedule.  The more time you plan ahead the better the chances are that your surgeon will have the date available.  Also plan on getting consultations from two or three surgeon's.  Ask if they are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and if body contouring represents a significant part of their practice.  Also be certain to ask to see before and after photos of similar patients who have tummy tuck surgery.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Time for consults

+1

If you know for sure you want a tummy tuck, it is never too soon to begin gathering information. It is a good idea to consult with a few different surgeons who may give different recommendation.  The more you know and the sooner you become an informed patient, the better off you be when t comes time to have the surgery.

How Far In Advance Should I Plan My Tummy Tuck?

+1

Dear Rometria,

It is never too early to plan your tummy tuck.

The earlier you start planning, the more likely you will be able to find a surgeon with whom you're comfortable and to make the necessary arrangements for surgery, time off work, aftercare, etc.

Hope this helps.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Web reference: http://www.77plasticsurgery.com

Preparing for your tummy tuck

+1

There are several factors that affect how far in advance that you need to start looking. One of the key factors is how busy are the plastic surgeons that you are considering. Second is your own flexibility. Do you need to take time off from work? Are you able to setup support system for your early post operative period? If you don't have any idea who you are going with then you need to start meeting the surgeons until you find the right one that you trust and feel comfortable. It may be your very first consultation or it could be your fifth. The important thing is to allow adequate time to find the right one however long it takes. If you already know who is going to be your surgeon then planning your surgery is much easier and more predictable. 

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Lead time in plastic surgery consultations depends on how busy the surgeon is

+1

My practice is booking new patient consultations into early February right now so we are about 4 months out on that.  Surgery would be booked out after that of course.  So I would suggest that you call the best offices and see how far out they are right now.  The last thing you want to do is to wait too long and compromise and go to a less busy surgeon just becasue they can fit you in more easily.  Remember that no 2 surgeons are alike and that you WILL get a different result depending on whom does your surgery because all surgeons are different in their talent, training, and experience.

There is no harm in starting the consultation process early

+1

Thank you for the question.  I am a big fan of having enough time to make a good decision.  Therefore, I see no reason why could not leisurely start your consultation process now.  Some of the plastic surgeons that you will end up seeing may have a few weeks delay in getting you in for a consultation and perhaps a month or so to schedule surgery.

Dr Remus Repta 

Preparing for Tummy Tuck in San Francisco & Los Angeles

+1

You need to prepair in advance for tummy tuck. That means that it will most likely takes about 1-2 months in order to find the best plastic surgeon for tummy tuck in California. Many patients in California travel to major cities such as Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and San Francisco to find a plastic surgeon who specializes in a tummy tuck. Do your research and take your time. It will take you about 3 months of research prior to actual surgery.

Web reference: http://www.beautifulself.com