I am thinking about having rhinoplasty but do not want to sacrifice the overall shape and character of my nose? (photo)

Basically i am saying i still want the character of my original nose, not a cookie cutter barbie nose. My bifid bulbous is just a little A symmetrical and could be slightly smaller but that is all i want to fix. Is this possible to achieve while maintaining my noses overall shape and look?

Your Concerns Are Valid. An Overdone Nose Would Be Extremely Inappropriate.

+1
First, you are a beautiful lady with great facial features, and the nose is not too bad.I understand that you have reasonable and realistic desires, and I think that is fine.As far as having the bifid, bulbous tip, that is not uncommon and can be corrected.The asymmetry generally is correctable.Everything should be done very conservatively.I recommend that you consult with a doctor who "majors" in nose surgery, whose practice has noses as the most common procedure performed there.Computer imaging will also be very important for you, because you need to see what the doctor can achieve and if he understands your desires.The computer imaging session is an opportunity to put all the cards on the table and see what you like and do not like.Your desires are paramount.When you translate to the doctor what you want, and the computer imaging matches your desires and you see it as a satisfactory result on the screen, then it should be a "go."It is very important to have a consultation with a doctor that takes time to hear you, to understand you, and give you appropriate responses.You do not want to be seen in a conveyor-belt practice where inadequate time is spent with each patient.The most valuable time we spend with patients is before surgery.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Patient Desires in Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Every rhinoplasty procedure is individualized, modified to meet the physical needs and the desires of each patient. Be sure to select a surgeon with experience who specializes in rhinoplasty procedures. Carefully describe your goals after reviewing the results of the physician you select.

Deciding to have rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery can be a big decision, and can be extremely rewarding with the right patient and the right surgeon. The best candidates for rhinoplasty are patients who have been thinking about it for at least three months (preferably longer) and can clearly point out 1 to 3 things that bother them. At that point computer imaging can be performed to make sure that you and your surgeon agree on the goals (remember, computer imaging is not a guarantee of results). Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your goal is certainly reasonable. You want a worthwhile difference but not get overdone. Most patients I see for rhinoplasty feel the same way. They are mainly afaid of aging their nose overdone. You need to research rhinoplasty surgeons in your area, go on a few consults and look at different surgeons' work. For the most part you need to find a surgeon whose work you like and whom you trust to make your nose look good. With rhinoplasty you basically need to be able to leave a lot of trust in the hands of the surgeon you pick to Mae the right decisions at the time of surgery. It takes a lot of trust.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip in asymmetry

+1

It is possible to perform a conservative rhinoplasty and keep the integrity and existing shape with only minor modifications. The bulbous tip is best addressed with tip suturing techniques to narrow and refine the nasal tip To get an understanding of what can be accomplished with rhinoplasty, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery and virtual rhinoplasty application. It's important to communicate your specific goals with your surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

I understand that you want to keep the bifid appearance to your nose. A subtle change is possible and it is especially important to have confirmation with your surgeon on the end result so that you are on the same page. This is accomplished by having them make changes using morphing software during your consultation.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

All surgeries should be tailored to the individual's face and desires. Having a subtle change while still preserving the integrity of your overall nose shape and appearance is generally desired to have a natural appearing result. Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3D computer imaging will also help you visualize what you may look like with the changes you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Natural Appearing Rhinoplasty?

+1

The areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a subtle natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty that the patient wants-not the surgeon.

+1

Rhinoplasty that the patient wants-not the surgeon is what I have done for 35 years since they are the ones that should be satisfied. If the surgeons results are Barbie noses, that is what you will get. A natural nose is possible if u go to a surgeon who does natural looking noses.

Rhinoplasty without changing too much

+1

First of all - I agree with you - rhinoplasty should always be subtle, natural, and you should still look like yourself after surgery. I believe the goal of rhinoplasty is not to look like you had surgery but instead, have the nose be a little more refined. What you want can definitely be achieved. The important thing is to have good communication with your surgeon so you are both on the same page. I also use photo recreation to help visualize before and after. If you look at my photos everyone has a customized look not cookie cutter. I agree that this is the best way to go.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD