Thinking of Getting a Rhinoplasty As Well As a Lip Lift of Lip Augmentation. Is It Possible to Achieve These Results? (photo)

I want to correct the wideness of my nose and make it more defined. I also have a bump on my nose as well as a sharp nasal frontal angle that I want filled to improve my over all profile and side view. I want a smaller gap between my upper lip and my nose. I'm not sure if a lip augmentation or a lift would better achieve these results. The picture is photoshopped in picture B. I currently look like picture A.

Potential Rhinoplasty and Lip Lift Results

+1

From just this one set of grainy picture imaging results, your goals do not appear to be unrealistic. The lip lift result shows more of a central pout and the nose tip is moderately more narrow. Better photos would allow a more accurate assessment of these goals. The one consideration you need to think about is possibly separating these two procedures and the incision for an open rhinoplasty and that of the subnasal lip lift are fairly close, leaving a small island of skin to survive between them.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Rhinoplasty and lip lift

+1

A full set of pictures with excellent resolution it is important before giving any professional opinion on this nose. A rhinoplasty can be performed to shave down the hump on the nose, osteotomies would then be required to narrow the nasal bones.  Reducing a sharp nasal frontal angle  is performed by placing a glabellar cartilage graft in to that area  to improve the side profile.  Side profile pictures will be needed to determine whether not a lip lift would be required versus just lifting the columella.Please see the link below to our  rhinoplasty photo gallery

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

Thinking of Getting a Rhinoplasty As Well As a Lip Lift or Lip Augmentation. Is It Possible to Achieve These Results?

+1

Your tip can be made smaller, and it can be lifted with a closed rhinoplasty approach.  The dorsal hump can be reduced, and the nose can be narrowed.   Lip augmentation can be performed at the same time.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhinoplasty and soft tissue fillers for the lips

+1

You may want to consider a rhinoplasty but it is difficult to elaborate from the photos you have produced.  For your upper lip I would not consider a lip lift.  This is more for an older patient who has developed with aging an elongation of the upper lip.  You will not get the plumpness and fullness in the cupids bow area as you seem to desire.  Injection of a soft tissue filler such as Juvederm is the answer.  

Rhino and lip lift

+1

Zuitalore, I admire your attempt at using photo-shop to illustrate your desired results but I cannot give you a good answer based on those photos. All I can tell you in general is the goals you are hoping for are certainly achievable. I would recommend that you find three rhinoplasty specialists and look at a lot of their photos; no or little photos, look elsewhere. Try and find someone with at least 10-15 years of experience and pick the physician that makes you the most comfortable. You can use my web site as an example (onlyfaces.com).

A lip lift should only be done in patients where the top lip complex length is greater than 1/3 of the total length of the upper lip/lower lip/chin complex. A competent facial aesthetic specialist can make this determination for you. Should you fall into this category a "lip lift" works well in most cases. If the surgeon looks at you and takes no measurements; find another surgeon! Done correctly in the right patient it is a great procedure but having done nothing but facial aesthetic surgery since 1988 I can tell you I've seen many patients who have had this done by other physicians who did not fit the criteria and predictably had poor results, which unfortunately cannot be fully reversed. So be careful and see several physicians, look at their photos and make sure they understand the principles of facial proportions.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Lip Lift

+1

A lip lift is usually not indicated if the lip to nose distance is very small, however your goals appear reasonable and other options exist.  When considering an operation like Rhinoplasty or Lip Surgery, you should consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon who has demonstrated results and can offer you solid advice.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes you can attain these results but NEVER consider a lip lift!!!

+1

THe results you are after can be delivered by a lastic surgeon with experience in rhinoplasty safely and effectively and can be combined with hyaluronic acid injections or fat grafting for your lips.  A lip lift is simply not an acceptable procedure for anyone.  Lip lifts are performed predominantly by ENT surgeons and not by plastic surgeons.  The results are consistently devastating plong term and I see many patients who have had this procedure from busy ENT practices and I have the challenge of correcting the deformity.  Find a plastic surgeon that you relate to and trust for your rhinoplasty and lip enhancement- BUT NO LIP LIFT!!!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.rianmaercksmd.com/before-after-photos/Facial-Surgery/Lip-Augmentation/case138.html