I Am Thinking About Getting Rhinoplasty Because I Feel my Nose is Too Wide

I don't know whether just getting the tip done is all I'll need or would I have to get a full nose surgery?

Rhinoplasty for Wide Nose

+1

The entire nose should be narrowed, not just the tip. You want all parts of the nose to be proportional. An experienced surgeon will explain nasal aesthetics before surgery so you can achieve a natural result.

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

You look very young and should consider waiting until you are 18 or older to consider cosmetic surgery of any kind.  Tip work only vs doing a "full" rhinoplasty can only be recommended by an experienced facial plastic surgeon, including an exam in person.  Digital imaging and computer simulation of the proposed outcome will help you make a decision before you procede.  Good luck!

Carey Nease, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

First, you appear rather young and may want to wait until you mature a bit before embarking on such a decision.  Objectively I would recommend a complete rhinoplasty with narrowing and refinement of the tip.  I would recommend several consultations and take your time in making this decision.

Tal Raine MD

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Getting Rhinoplasty

+1

Great photo! I recommendation agrees with most of the posting docs, especially Drs Mayer, Placik. A FULL rhinoplasty is the better choice to achieve your desired results. 

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to say with just one photo image what exactly you would need in terms of a rhinoplasty. A good physical exam is essential and reviewing your concerns as well is critical.

Rhinoplasty and Appropriate Age

+1

Based on the photograph submitted, I see a very young patient.  Rhinoplasty shouldn't be performed until the midface has fully developed (generally 15 or 16 in girls).  If you want to explore the options, seek an in person consultation with an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon with your parent(s) or guardian.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

See a doctor

+1

I can not tell from your photo - you need to have a consultation with a competent rhinoplastic surgeon.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Wide nose rhinoplasty.

+1

You would need to have a full rhinoplasty since doing the tip without narrowing the nostrils and bones will make the rest look too wide. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

Tip rhinoplasty for wide nose

+1

Please take this as a compliment and not a criticism but you appear to be quite young. It would be wise to wait unitl your nose had completed growing prior to performing this procedure. IF you are older than 18 and the nose is stable, a tip rhinoplasty could achieve a narrow more refined appearance. However, it is diffcult to advise you without a full examination

Rhinoplasty for a nose too wide

+1

Subjective terms in rhinoplasty can cause confusion as wide can mean the tip, the bridge of the nose, or flaring of the nostril. Your photo does indicate width in the tip, and the best way to communicate what changes look best are photos and computer simulation. The computer of course can not show you for certain how you will look, but it does allow accurate communication and demonstration of changing the width of the nose, or tip alone.

peterejohnsonmd