I Am Thinking About Getting Rhinoplasty Because I Feel my Nose is Too Wide

I don't know whether just getting the tip done is all I'll need or would I have to get a full nose surgery?

Rhinoplasty for Wide Nose

The entire nose should be narrowed, not just the tip. You want all parts of the nose to be proportional. An experienced surgeon will explain nasal aesthetics before surgery so you can achieve a natural result.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Tip Rhinoplasty

You look very young and should consider waiting until you are 18 or older to consider cosmetic surgery of any kind.  Tip work only vs doing a "full" rhinoplasty can only be recommended by an experienced facial plastic surgeon, including an exam in person.  Digital imaging and computer simulation of the proposed outcome will help you make a decision before you procede.  Good luck!

Carey Nease, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

1405 Cowart Street
Chattanooga, TN 37408

First, you appear rather young and may want to wait until you mature a bit before embarking on such a decision.  Objectively I would recommend a complete rhinoplasty with narrowing and refinement of the tip.  I would recommend several consultations and take your time in making this decision.

Tal Raine MD

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS
Champaign Plastic Surgeon

1405 W Park Street
Urbana, IL 61801

Getting Rhinoplasty

Great photo! I recommendation agrees with most of the posting docs, especially Drs Mayer, Placik. A FULL rhinoplasty is the better choice to achieve your desired results. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

It is difficult to say with just one photo image what exactly you would need in terms of a rhinoplasty. A good physical exam is essential and reviewing your concerns as well is critical.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Rhinoplasty and Appropriate Age

Based on the photograph submitted, I see a very young patient.  Rhinoplasty shouldn't be performed until the midface has fully developed (generally 15 or 16 in girls).  If you want to explore the options, seek an in person consultation with an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon with your parent(s) or guardian.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

9407 Cypress Lake Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33919

See a doctor

I can not tell from your photo - you need to have a consultation with a competent rhinoplastic surgeon.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

308 E 79th St
New York, NY 10075

Wide nose rhinoplasty.

You would need to have a full rhinoplasty since doing the tip without narrowing the nostrils and bones will make the rest look too wide. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Tip rhinoplasty for wide nose

Please take this as a compliment and not a criticism but you appear to be quite young. It would be wise to wait unitl your nose had completed growing prior to performing this procedure. IF you are older than 18 and the nose is stable, a tip rhinoplasty could achieve a narrow more refined appearance. However, it is diffcult to advise you without a full examination

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Rhinoplasty for a nose too wide

Subjective terms in rhinoplasty can cause confusion as wide can mean the tip, the bridge of the nose, or flaring of the nostril. Your photo does indicate width in the tip, and the best way to communicate what changes look best are photos and computer simulation. The computer of course can not show you for certain how you will look, but it does allow accurate communication and demonstration of changing the width of the nose, or tip alone.

8901 West Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016