Getting my Breast Augmentation Done in July, What Do You Think Of Size? (photo)

I am thinking seriously of getting my breast augmentation done in July, one month away. I was told by my PS 325cc high profile is the way to go, as I am looking for a full size, but still a nice "natural" outcome. I am afraid it may be too small, but fearful to go any larger. This is my first surgery and I am 27 years old... Below is a pic of my current breast size. Any thoughts? Or advice? P.s. I am going under the muscle, as I am petite.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

325 mL implants look like a good choice but perhaps not high-profile.

+1

I think 325 mL will look good. I'm not a big fan of high-profile implants except in exceptional cases and would not recommend them to you.

What size implant should I use for my Breast Augmentation surgery in July?

+1

What is your current size? What size do you want to be? Were you able to try implants on when you were there for a consultation? If not, I recommend trying them on so you can get a better idea of what size you are comfortable with and then going from there.  It typically takes about 200cc's to go up a cup size and keep in mind that going under the muscle will push down the implants a bit.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

I would recommend taking samples of the implants and placing them into your bra to give you an idea of how you'll look.  If you like them, then it's the way to go.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

The correct implant for you

+1

To choose the best implants volume and shape for you would require an exam in person. Just looking at photos is not enough.

Breast Augmentation Sizing

+1

I would recommend 3 dimensional computer imaging to visualize what the size would look like in you. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Michael Horn, MD

Getting my Breast Augmentation Done in July, What Do You Think Of Size?

+1

You did not specify the size you desired. So I might recommend UHP silicones in 350 to 400 cc range. 

Breast Implant Size

+1

There are a number of variables that go into choosing a breast implant for a specific patient including height, weight, desired cup size (varies depending on the store), breast and chest dimensions, tissue quality, nipple position, the presence or absence and degree of sagginess to name a few. This can only be accomplished by a thorough history and physical exam. Your surgeon should be able to give you his thought process of how he chooses a specific size for you.

Gus Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although potentially useful to some degree, online “consultations” cannot be as precise as necessary. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Sizing breast implants and concern for results

+1

The key to a "natural" look is that the implant is fit properly and then positioned properly (under the pectoralis muscle), and healed there. This should look like a normal breast. The size of the breast relative to the rest of you is a separate issue for "naturalness". A, B, and C cup size breasts are the normal range. D cup size breasts are by definition out of proportion. 

The maximum size increase with a properly fitted and positioned implant is 2 cup sizes. The minimum is 1 cup size. Your exact size now is not measurable in any exact way but if you are between an A and a B cup and went up 2 cup sizes with a high profile implant (saline-filled or gel-filled) you should look like you are between a C and a D cup. You have to decide if that would look "natural" for you. The volume of the implant is determined by measuring the width of your breast upright across the middle and with your arms down. The diameter of the implant should be 3/4 to 1 cm less than the diameter of your breast if it is going to fit and look right. The number of cc's is determined by looking up that diameter in a high profile implant if you want the 2 cup size increase. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon