I Am Thinking About Getting LHR. Can You Explain to Me the Different Types of Lasers and Brands?

I get really confuse when I read about all the different kinds on the internet and I just want to have a background knowledge about them. I am asian, tanned skin, fine hair.

Best Laser Hair Removal System

+1
A wide variety of medical lasers and light systems are used to remove unwanted hair, however most lasers are not effective for all skin types and hair colors. The laser I recommend and use is the Elos laser hair removal system, which is designed for permanent hair reduction by combining both optical and radiofrequency energy to deliver satisfying, longer lasting results with less discomfort than previous laser systems. All skin and all hair colors including gray and blonde hair are effectively treated. Faces, backs, arms, legs, faces, and bikini lines can be treated including those individuals with darkly pigmented skin. Treatments are administered every 4 weeks and generally 3 to 5 treatments are sufficient.

Laser hair removal

+1

Any of us can talk about this for literally, hours. So it's going to be really hard to give you an overview in a post like this. There are literally thousands of machines on the market - and different types of lasers. Alexandrite and diode tend to be the more advanced laser hair devices on the market and work better, and faster. Older machines like IPL are very time intense and can be painful. Your best bet is to make sure you are going to an office with a physician. Doctor's offices in general will have the higher quality, better machines than salons, medspas, or independent contractors. Additionally, these offices will have more of  an understanding about how hair removal works, what can and can't be done, timeframes for treatments, etc. And they are more well trained and insured! If you want to read my website below it does give a better, longer version of this answer for you, for how hair removal works, what to expect, etc. So check that out too.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD