Thinking of Juvederm in nasollabial folds but was suggested Voluma in my cheeks = Advice?

I'm 31, she said my face is thinner so the voluma would look "sexier" she said juvederm may look like"grapes in my cheeks"

+1
Juvederm Voluma helps build volume to the cheeks, depending on how thin your appearance is woud determine how many syringes you would need

Enhanceement of midface volume vs. nasolabial fold injections

+1
Nasolabial folds can be prominent features even in youthful faces.  Just because someone has prominent nasolabial folds does not mean they will look more youthful if those folds are filled.  Overfilling of the folds can result in an unnatural facial contour changes that are particularly apparent with smiling. 

Deepening of the nasolabial folds often occurs due to a downward movement of midfacial soft tissue structures.In this scenario, revolumizing  the midface can  reduce the depth of nasolabial folds  but more importantly  will impart a more youthful appearance to the face..Looking youthful is not necessarily about elimination of wrinkles and lines;it is about restoring the facial shape and contour that characterize youth but which are lost with aging.  It does take an experienced injector who appreciates both the larger issues as well as the fine details to produce the best results. 

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvéderm vs. Voluma Injections in the Midface and Nasolabial Folds

+1

Photographs would be helpful for this assessment. It is difficult to get specific advice without seeing you in person, or leasing photographs.

Juvéderm and Voluma have different indications, and therefore different uses. Juvéderm is indicated for treatment of the nasolabial folds and other areas around the mouth. Voluma is the first and only hyaluronic acid (HA) filler approved for treating volume deficits in the midface. With proper injection, Juvéderm is indicated to last at least a year or more, well Voluma is indicated to last up to two years. Juvéderm is less expensive than Voluma, so pricing may matter depending upon how you are going to use the filler.

Did your consultant recommended Voluma because of volume deficits, or just for enhancement? Most 31 year olds do not have significant midface volume loss. If you do have midface volume loss, then Voluma may be the more appropriate product to address this loss. Juvéderm can be utilized in the midface as well. So if your injector was just trying to enhance your thin face then maybe Juvéderm would be an option as well. It all depends upon what areas were going to be injected.

What do you want? Do you think you need midface injections? If you do not feel you need midface injections, then there's no reason to get them.
I'm not sure what “sexier” means in terms of a true indication for injecting your face.

In patients who exhibit midface volume loss, volume restoration in the midface can improve the nasolabial folds, even without injecting in the nasolabial fold region. Midface injections are less likely to improve the nasolabial folds if there is no volume deficit in the midface. And perhaps both products and treatment areas would give you the best results - Voluma in the midface and Juvéderm in the nasolabial folds

If the injector you consulted is worried about leaving grapes in your cheeks, then I am concerned about the technique that she is using. When injected skillfully and properly, neither of these projects should leave lumps or masses and your cheeks, and the results should be smooth and natural looking.

If you are confused about what type of filler you need, I would recommend that you seek another consultation by a very experienced plastic surgeon injector. A second opinion may be helpful for you.

Best wishes. Ken Dembny

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

+1
My advice is to you address these two areas separately since voluma is used facial contouring and juvederm for improving shadows in the nasolabial folds.
Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Voluma or Juviderm?

+1
The suggestion of Juviderm Ultral Plus + Voluma was right. While Juviderm or other HA (hyaluronic acid) products are good to fill areas such as nasolabial folds and marionette lines the Voluma is indicated for reshaping the cheek bone and jawline areas. By using Voluma not only will improve the cheek bone area but will improve the nasolabial fold as well as it creates a lift effect on that area. The combination of the two will give you the best result. The other benefit is that Voluma lasts for 2 years. 

Humberto Palladino, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultra Plus versus Voluma

+1
You need to be assessed by an experienced physician injector.  The contours of your cheeks and the depth of your nasolabial folds would determine which filler would be best for you.  If you have loss of volume of your cheeks, adding either Ultra Plus or Voluma would help lift your nasolabial creases.  You may then need less filler for the creases.  An experienced injector can give you a great result with either product.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Voluma vs Juvederm in the Cheeks

+1
The improvement of nasolabial folds is a very common request in my office. I like to inject Voluma in the cheeks to improve the look of the nasolabial folds. Voluma is the better option as it will lift without making the face appear too full. Depending on the severity of the fold it may be necessary to also inject filler into the fold itself. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist before receiving your treatment.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
It's impossible to give specific advice without having met you or at least seeing photos. The current thinking of deep melolabial folds is that they result, in large part, due to volume loss and sagging of the cheeks. In most cases, I will treat these with a filler to lift the cheek (Voluma) and a small amount of filler in the fold (Juvederm). This differs from person to person but that approach tends to create the best results. Voluma is a new filler and there are alot of people just getting started. Your best bet is to find a physician who trains other injectors on Voluma. There should be at least one in your area. They will have the most experience with the product which should maximize the changes of a great result for you.

I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

+1
Voluma is the great new rage in the US.  It has bee overseas for a number of years.  The cost of Voluma is a little more than Ultra Plus but this is justified by longer durability.   Voluma is for placement in bony areas such as cheeks and chin and jaw line.   If you need filler in your NL folds use Ultra Plus.  Seek an experienced doctor that does both. Always get the exact price up front. My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for cheek enhancement

+1
Voluma is a great option for cheek enhancement. I prefer it to ultra plus as I think it lasts longer and has more lifting capacity. We have had lots of experience with this in Canada. Please be sure to pick someone with lots of experience. 

Michael Weinberg, MD