I Want To Increase the Height of my Nose Bridge with Fillers. Will My Sinus Issues Complicate This?

I have an Asian nose with a flatter bridge so I'm actually considering if I should go for a filler. But my main concern is that I've got sinus problems and very sensitive nose and I always have running nose. So if I can get a filler done, will there be any complications and/or restrictions like I can't sneeze too hard or rub my nose? I'd appreciate if I can get some professional advise here. Thank you.

+2

Some surgeons promote a "liquid non-surgical rhinoplasty" in which fillers are used to augment the nose. Fillers are injected intradermally and subcutaneously to reshape the nose. Most fillers last at least 6 months to a year and at times the filler remains for an extended period of time. When a filler is injected, there is a short period of time (usually 2-3 days) in which the filler can be moulded or moved around. If you must take this path towards dorsal augmentation, proceed cautiously especially if you manipulate your nose a lot because of your nasal condition. The fillers should not worsen your sinusitis or allergic issues as the injections are usually not intranasal. Perhaps a better option for you would be an evaluation by a nasal surgeon trained in treating allergies and sinus issues, too. Surgical treatment of your nose may improve your profile as well as your nasal problems.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty Works Well For Straightening A Flattened Nasal Bridge

+1
The so-called saddle nose or flattened nasal bridge, as well as lack of nasal tip projection are commonly seen in persons of Asian background. Fortunately, nonsurgical nose jobs can easily and quickly address both these problems with immediate and gratifying results. To straighten the bridge, I prefer a combination of Radiesse with Perlane L, both of which provide good lift and durability of result. To increase tip projection, I prefer Juvederm UltraPlus XC. The entire procedure can be performed in under ten minutes. Since the materials are injected above bone and cartilage, rather than within the nasal mucosa, these injections do not affect the sinuses. It is important to be aware not to rub or manipulate the treatment site too much during the first few days--something that a person with persistent nasal symptomatology may have become habitually accustomed to doing.  It is important to seek consultation and treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician with extensive experience in performing nonsurgical rhinosculpturing.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Raising the bridge of your nose with fillers will not affect your sinuses.

+1

Hi.

This can be a very good idea.  We use Radiesse injected deeply against the bone and cartilage, and it lasts at least two or three years.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Non-surgical rhinoplasty and sinus issues

+1

I like injectable fillers to augment the bridge of the nose. The only particular issue I can foresee would be the chance of inadvertently displacing the filler before it's fixed in the tissues if a patient were to vigorously rub at the nose in the first few days after the injection. Otherwise, a filler should have no effect on the sinuses, nor should the sinuses bother the filler.

I might, however, avoid a permanent filler in the nose, such as Artefill, if there were a lot of nasal inflammation from allergies, but this is just on the theoretical grounds of provoking granuloma formation. I have no scientific evidence of that as a risk factor, though.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers to nose and sinus concerns

+1

because the filler to the nose is done between the skin and supporting structures, there is no effect on the sinus or vice versa.

Julio Garcia, MD

Fillers for nasal bridge ans sinuses

+1

Fillers used to give a temporaray improvement of the nasal bridge should not have any impact on your sinuses.