Thinking About Getting a Eyebrow Transplantation Surgery..would It Look Natural As Normal Eyebrows?

I am thinking about getting an eyebrow transplantation surgery. The doctor would take the hair follicle on the side or back of my head and transplant it into the eyebrow region. My question is would it look completely natural? Would people be able to tell that I had an eyebrow transplant? Would the transplanted hair grow in different directions and I heard the eyebrow region can become red and you can get white heads. I am afraid of this happening-is it common?

Eyebrow Hair Transplantation

+1

The eyebrow transplant procedure is a highly technical and aesthetically
demanding procedure.  If performed properly, the results can be quite
natural.  I strongly suggest you do your homework and make sure your
surgeon has experience with this procedure.

While I have respect for Dr. Umar’s work, I do have to be clear-  it has been my extensive experience, in performing over 600 eyebrow transplants, that the best donor hairs are those from the middle of the back and/or sides of the head, as they have the most reliable rate of regrowth.  Yes, the hairs need to be trimmed on a regular basis but this is a small price for most of my patients who are so happy to have the kind of results we are capable of achieving.  Having performed a fair number of revisions of prior eyebrow transplants, many needed on patients who underwent “state of the art” FUE procedures, it has become clear that what is most important is how these grafts get placed into the eyebrow, rather than how the grafts are obtained.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow Hair Transplant

+1

Eyebrow transplantation done well looks extremely natural, with the implanted hair placed at the correct angle and direction. As an FUE doctor, I generally use donor hair from the nape of the neck or the legs to create the best aesthetic outcome (this caliber of hair blends best into the eyebrows). These donors also don’t grow as long as the hair from the back and sides of the head, thus there is less maintenance required. Bumps and pimples are a normal part of the healing process and will eventually subside.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyebrow hair transplants

+1

If the surgery is done correctly, the result can look very natural.  In our practice, we select hairs that best match the eyebrow hairs from the back of the neck.  The hair needs to be transplanted at precisely the correct angle to look natural.  If done correctly, the hair will grow in the same direction as the surrounding eyebrow hair.  Redness and whiteheads are uncommon, but can happen.  Usually it is an isolated episode and these kind of issues do not continue for a long period of time.

You may want to try Latisse for your eyebrows first.  Although it is not permanent, it could be an easier way to make your eyebrows fuller.

Thank you for your questions.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow transplant

+1

One can get a natural looking result but the work has to be done expertly with consideration for the variation in hair direction of the eyebrow hairs. The result has to have maitenence as the hairs will grow continuously  like scalp hair and periodic trimming is necessary. If the patient is female , I usually suggest having permanent make done first.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon