Thinking About Downsizing from High Profile to Mod Plus

I had breast augmentation 3 months ago. I have always thought they are a little too big (busty). I was barely a 34A prior to surgery, 5'8" 132 pounds. Also to note, my breast are far apart. I got 475cc HP silicone implants. After a recent consulation with my doctor, he said if they are too big in my opinion, I could downsize by switching to mod plus implants which would allow me to keep the width of the implant and decrease the cc's. How much difference would changing the profile make?

Profile change in downsizing implants.

+1

Reducing the profile and keeping the same implant width is a reasonable option to downsize your implants by ~100cc. This will certainly decrease the "busty" look from the implants, particularly the rounded upper pole of the augmented breasts. The amount of swelling at 3 months is limited and if you are truly unhappy with the shape/size at this stage, it is reasonable to switch out the implants before waiting 6 months.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Changing implants after breast augmentation

+1

You and your surgeon are in the best position to judge whether a change of implants is best for you and if so, what implant to change to. But keep in mind that at three months there may still be some swelling.  I recommend to my patients to wait at least six months after their initial surgery before deciding on a revision and it is better to wait a year. Also keep in mind that a revision is surgery and has all the risks (and benefits) of surgery and, although your original surgery may have gone very smoothly, that is no guarantee that a second surgery will. Be comfortable that the expected benefits outweigh the potential risks. And good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Your and your doctor would know better

+1
Withou pictures and examination it would hard to answer your question. Your surgeon can help you to come up with best implant for you.
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Switching from high to moderate profile breast implants

+1

If you change from a high profile implant for say, 475 cc, to about 375 cc moderate profile you will keep the same implant diameter with a reduction in volume of about 100 cc. The actual 'number' will depend on the manufacturer. If the pocket is well centered in the breast and you don't like the size, we would suggest the switch as well, though would probably drop the volume to a moderate profile (not plus) 350 cc for a noticeable difference. Work again with bras and photos to make certain the change will be for the best.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

Hello Arnett,

A fairly simple way to downsize is how your doctor suggested: maintaining implant diameter and changing profile from high profile to moderate profile.  In your case, the only high profile implant that comes in 750cc is made by Allergan, in their style 20, which has a diameter of 15.0 cm.  Switching to a style 15, their version of the Mentor moderate plus profile, would decrease the volume to 575cc, and the diameter would be kept almost the same (14.8 cm).  This would be a volume reduction of 25%, and would be noticable as a modest reduction in size, most likely.

Assuming there are no other issues with your breasts, this would work well.  Further reduction in volume in the style 15 would require a change in diameter, and this might affect how the smaller implant sits in the bigger pocket, requiring an alteration to the pocket, something that can be done, but should be reserved to surgeons that specialize in complex breast implant revision surgery.  Alternatively, switching to a  comparable diameter (15.1 cm) style 10, their lowest or  'moderate' profile implant, would bring the volume down to 510cc, a 32% reduction, and could also be done but without the need for pocket alteration.

Reduce volume by 75-100cc and use moderate profile implants!

+1

Your 475cc high profile implants have a width of 13.0cm. If you want smaller size, but wish to have a closer cleavage, you need smaller implants with more base diameter to achieve this. 75-100cc is the smallest amount of size decrease to be really visible, so a 375cc moderate profile implant has a base diameter of 14.4cm, and a 400cc implant (moderate profile also) has a diameter of 14.5cm.

Moderate plus implants (375cc or 400cc) have diameters of 12.8cm and 13.1cm respectively. This is the same diameter you presently have, and would yield the same "too wide" cleavage. The temptation is to reduce by "only" 50cc or so, which sounds like a reasonable amount, but is really 3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon smaller. You would NOT be able to see this amount of size change at all! Trust me on this!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/breast-augmentation.html

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants, breast augmentation

+1
When you Decrease to moderate plus you will probably be able to decrease the size between 75cc and 100cc.

Web reference: Http://www.drabramson.com

Breast augmentation -getting it right the first time

+1

Breast implants are not like shirts. You cannot just change them because you changed your mind. Each breast surgery procedure stimulates the formation of scar tissue in your breasts and increases your risk for capsular contracture. The more cosmetic breast procedures you have the more you will need additional surgery. Starting with an AA you likely did not have any cleavage and so will never have it because breast augmentation cannot create cleavage. Therefore I would recommend against any additional surgery whose primary goal is just to change or fine tune breast size.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.