Chin Implant and Nose Job to Change my Profile. Is This Realistic?

I've always hated my profile. My retracted chin always bothered me and then my nose started bothering me as well. So I've done this on photoshop, and wanted to know if the result I want is realistic? Also I'm half asian/caucasian, so my nose looks caucasian on the side but on the front it's pretty round. Also I'd appreaciate it if anyone could give me an average cost for everything. Thanks.

Beautiful results from rhinoplasty combined with chin implant!

+3

You did a fantastic job with the imaging of your photograph!!  ...and yes, you would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty combined with a chin implant. 

Many patients seeking rhinoplasty may be surprised to learn that their chin plays an important role in the overall balance of your facial appearance. It gives you an advantage that you are already aware of how important this facial harmony is.  People usually only look at themselves from the front, and it is only when they catch themselves in profile that they might realize they have a weak chin. A recessed chin exaggerates nasal imperfections, making even a normal sized nose seem larger, and is easily corrected with the placement of a chin implant. These procedures are often performed together and greatly enhance one another .

It is difficult to give you an exact quote for these procedures however I believe a fair range would be between $10,000 and $15,000 for both procedures and the expenses related to surgery in the US.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of recessed chin and round nose

+1

Your photoshop result appear realistic to me.

Improvement of your chin can be done with either a chin implant or sliding genioplasty. The later involves making bone cuts in the chin, advancing it forward and plating it in position. An implant can be placed using just local numbing medicine (if you want). Cost varies depending on which technique and type of anesthesia is used, but chin augmentation alone starts at around $3000.

There are multiple options for improving a rounded nasal tip. It's hard to give much detail without seeing more views of your face, however. Often, cartilage grafts from your septum can be used to improve the roundedness.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Improving profile with chin implant and nose job

+1

A retrusive chin is best addressed with a silastic chin implant. The incision for this is located underneath the submental crease and the implant is placed directly over the bone. If done as a stand-alone procedure, it costs between $2500-$3000. It can be combined with a rhinoplasty procedure if desired. The cost of a rhinoplasty is between $6000-$6500. The rhinoplasty is typically done under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure in a certified ambulatory surgery center.  

Nose and chin aka profiloplasty

+1

You did an excellent job on the photoshop imaging. Yes I beleive that results comparable to the ones you have illustrated are possible. Costs will range widely and will vary from about the lowest at 6000 USD top 12,000 USD.

A chin implant would change your profile dramatically in a very favorable way

+1

Looking at your profile photos, you a an excellent candidate for a extended chin implant. I believe you photo shop is right on. I would however consider a slightly larger implant to bring your chin a little more. As to the indications for a rhinoplasty, I am not so sure you need one. Your nose will look remarkably smaller when your chin is implanted. I think you need to have more photos to evaluate your nose but my bet is you don't probably need any thing done to your nose.  

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Chin Implant and Nose Job to Change my Profile. Is This Realistic

+1

From your description and photo shopped photo I think you can obtain the desired effect. Best to see 3 boarded surgeon inperson. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091. 

Definite yes!

+1

This is one of my favorite procedures to do for patients. They still look like themselves (not overdone) but so much more balanced in proportion. It really looks good.

In your case, the nose is subtle on profile--not as dramatic a change will result. But that is OK--you will love the chin. I prefer the porous polyethylene implants--the pores make up 70% of the implant --meaning your own tissue will grow into the implant and thus the implant will be mostly you. They are also easily carved during surgery so they can be fine-tuned to be exactly the shape I (and my patients) want.

Go for it!

Reginald Rice, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon