Tuberous Breasts - Breast Lift Without Implants?

I posted a question yesterday but my photo didn't upload. I'm trying once again with a photo. If you can't see the photo, click on my profile and there's one there.

I have tuberous breasts and was thinking of a lift. I'd much prefer not to have implants and don't much care about the size - I'm content with fairly small breasts and actually prefer them to some extent. I realize the cleavage will not be gained through a lift but I mostly want to reduce the sagging as much as possible. Thoughts?

Breast Lift Without Implants For Tubular Breasts

+3

A traditional Breast Lift should give you the result that you want. I do not think the Peri areolar technique would be adequate for your right breast. You appear to have enough glandular tissue to avoid a breast implant. You can always change you mind later and have implants.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-breast-implants/breast-implants-for-tubular-breasts-correct-tuberous-breast-deformity-2/

Tuberous breasts

+2

You would likely do well with a lift.  The lift will decrease your areolar diameter and rearrange your breast tissue to give you more volume in the lower pole where you need it.   I do a variation on a vertical breast lift that I call the "parenchymal push down" that I use for ladies with your problem. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

+2

Breast lift without implants and limiting the incisions to the periareolar tissue alone should be the goal.

You'll end up with smaller breast visually than what you have now but more shapely and lifted.

Breast lift without implants for tubular deformity

+2

For several reasons, when there is adequate tissue as apears to be the case with you, a breast lift alone often works better. What you may not be able to achieve is close cleavage but the shape should be nice.

You will great result with lift

+2

You will get great result with lift only. I do offer my patient who do not want much bigger the combination of the lift and fat grafting. Fat grafting is done at the same time to enhance the cleavage and upper pole.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

+2

Yes I see the photo. I see no issue with just doing a full lift with release of the inferior constriction bands. If you are not satisfied after 6 months than you can obtain an implant. 

Lifting tuberous breasts

+2

You do have enough volume to do a lift and improve the look of your breasts without needing an implant.  Usually implants are part of the treatment for this but in your case, they can be eliminated if you prefer since your goals don't require an implant.

Tuberous breasts...lift without implants?

+1

If you are happy with your breast size and the distance between your breasts, you can have a breast lift without implants that will reduce the overhang, lift the nipple, and reduce the areolar size.  This certainly is more straightforward than trying to insert implants and get your constricted tissues to round out properly, so it is fortunate that you ahve a fair amount of breast tissue and may be satisfied with your size without using implants.  Even if you eventually wanted implants, you would need this same lift regardless.  You can always change your mind later and have an augmentation if you decide to increase the size and medial fullness of your breasts.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift-surgery.html

Breast lift for tuberous breasts

+1

Tuberous breasts with large areolas are best treated, in my opinion , with a subareolar mastopexy

This procedure will reduce the size of the areolae ,reduce the pointy look and lifts the breast

The use of multiple buried suture with the sub areolar technique will reduce the likelyhood of areolar stretching

Web reference: http://www.beckermd.com/breast/lift-boca-raton-fl/

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon