Tuberous Breasts - Breast Lift Without Implants?

I posted a question yesterday but my photo didn't upload. I'm trying once again with a photo. If you can't see the photo, click on my profile and there's one there.

I have tuberous breasts and was thinking of a lift. I'd much prefer not to have implants and don't much care about the size - I'm content with fairly small breasts and actually prefer them to some extent. I realize the cleavage will not be gained through a lift but I mostly want to reduce the sagging as much as possible. Thoughts?

Breast Lift Without Implants For Tubular Breasts

+3

A traditional Breast Lift should give you the result that you want. I do not think the Peri areolar technique would be adequate for your right breast. You appear to have enough glandular tissue to avoid a breast implant. You can always change you mind later and have implants.

Tuberous breasts

+2

You would likely do well with a lift.  The lift will decrease your areolar diameter and rearrange your breast tissue to give you more volume in the lower pole where you need it.   I do a variation on a vertical breast lift that I call the "parenchymal push down" that I use for ladies with your problem. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

+2

Breast lift without implants and limiting the incisions to the periareolar tissue alone should be the goal.

You'll end up with smaller breast visually than what you have now but more shapely and lifted.

Erel Laufer, MD

Breast lift without implants for tubular deformity

+2

For several reasons, when there is adequate tissue as apears to be the case with you, a breast lift alone often works better. What you may not be able to achieve is close cleavage but the shape should be nice.

Richard Baxter, MD

You will great result with lift

+2

You will get great result with lift only. I do offer my patient who do not want much bigger the combination of the lift and fat grafting. Fat grafting is done at the same time to enhance the cleavage and upper pole.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

+2

Yes I see the photo. I see no issue with just doing a full lift with release of the inferior constriction bands. If you are not satisfied after 6 months than you can obtain an implant. 

Lifting tuberous breasts

+2

You do have enough volume to do a lift and improve the look of your breasts without needing an implant.  Usually implants are part of the treatment for this but in your case, they can be eliminated if you prefer since your goals don't require an implant.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast lift alone

+1
A breast lift alone can give you a perkier contour, however your breast size may decrease noticeably. If you would like to maintain breast size, then implants may be considered, although this doesn't sound like an issue for you. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Tuberous breasts - breast lift without implants?

+1
Thank you for your question!  Given your photos, it does not appear that you have a true tuberous breast/constricted breast deformity.  The standard procedure would be placement of an implant (or tissue expander, depending on the lower pole of your breast) as well as a circumareolar breast lift.  These modalities would correct the issues with tuberous breast: constricted breast at the inferior pole, via breast prosthetic; scoring of the tissue to release the bands; lowering the inframammary fold; correcting the herniation of breast tissue into the areolae; and decreasing the overall size of the areolae.  These are the hallmarks of tuberous breasts.  You could likely get great results with a breast lift, since it appears that your issue is breast ptosis (sagging).  

Consult with a plastic surgeon well-versed in breast surgery and discuss your goals and expectations.  S/he will then be able to examine and discuss the various options and assist you in deciding which decision os the right one for you, given your desires.  I would expect a very pleasing result for you!  Hope that this helps!  Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Tuberous breasts...lift without implants?

+1

If you are happy with your breast size and the distance between your breasts, you can have a breast lift without implants that will reduce the overhang, lift the nipple, and reduce the areolar size.  This certainly is more straightforward than trying to insert implants and get your constricted tissues to round out properly, so it is fortunate that you ahve a fair amount of breast tissue and may be satisfied with your size without using implants.  Even if you eventually wanted implants, you would need this same lift regardless.  You can always change your mind later and have an augmentation if you decide to increase the size and medial fullness of your breasts.

Robert M. Grenley, MD