I Am Thinking of Having Breast Implants and Cannot Decide Between 380cc and 420cc High Profile?

I am currently a 32B and wanted to go for a 400cc high profile but my surgeon says that 400cc isn't made in the profile and type which I want so I am trying to choose between a 380cc or 420cc. I am 5'7" and weigh 100lbs. What size would look the best for my body without getting the 'porn star' look? What bra size am I likely to be with a 380cc or 420cc?

Implant selection

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

HP Implants 380cc or 420cc?

+1

40cc's is not a very big difference in size, the 380cc will only be slightly smaller.  Everyones body is different and so is everyones vision of what a "C-cup" is or what "porn star" is.  My recommendation is to try them on and pick the one you feel the most comfortable with and not worry about cc's.  Remember, a 500cc can be a D in someone and a DD in someone else.  If you truly do like both, I suggest going with the 420cc implants because you will not be complaining that you wish you went a tiny bit larger because you did! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

High profile implants 380 or 420

+1

The difference between the two implants of 380 cc's and 420 cc's is fairly small. Best for you to try a baggy test.  An exam in person is key.  Good luck.

+1

Hi MissConfused1,

Certainly seeking a second opinion may be helpful as there are several manufacturers of breast implants. 

3D imaging is becoming a more readily available and whilst not a substitute for a good consultation can provide you with a good idea of what the difference between 380cc and 420cc would be for you. Alternatively most practices have sizers that give you a "guesstimate" but ultimately communication with your surgeon is vital to achieve your aesthetic goal.

Derek Neoh, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

380 cc or 420cc HP implants

+1

In most implant series, the difference of 40mls is minimal and really will relate to a different base width of the implant, so will fill out the base of your breasts a little more or less depending on 380 or 420. You need to be properly examined and measured by a PS.

Sultan Hassan, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Which size implant? 380cc and 420cc HP

+1

There is not a lot of difference with 40cc. In general, the final result will be a little smaller than when you are actually sizing as the implant will be compressed under your tissue especially if it is under the muscle. Perhaps you should take this into your consideration when making this choice.

Jake Lim, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question. Although potentially useful to some degree, online “consultations” cannot be as precise as necessary.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or "porn star look” or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

+1

The difference between 400 and either alternative is four teaspoons-hardly if at all noticeable a difference. I am not sure what manufacturer your surgeon prefers. In the US, both Allergan and Mentor have 400 cc HP implants, and in the Sientra catalog I don't see the combination of sizes you note. 

Without photos and breast measurements, any response to your question will be pure conjecture, and better asked of your surgeon who has examined you. All the best .

Implant size

+1

Good afternoon!

implant size that is ideal for your body is dependent upon so many other factors other than height and weight.  Chest wal width, breast tissue mound width and elasticity, location of your breast tissue on your chest wall all contribute to finding a range of size and shape implant that will give you the look you desire.

They do in fact make implants in the 400cc range, but it may be by a manufacturer your surgeon is not comfortable or familiar with.

If your surgeon is not taking several measurements and counseling you on the pros and cons of larger vs smaller implants and differing shape pros and cons, I would consider getting a second opinion to be sure you are getting the best information possible.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD