Thinking of having breast augmentation and lift after a breast reduction, is it a good idea? (photo)

I had a breast reduction when I was 17 went from a 36DDD to a 36 full C small D, and am now 22 with a 2 year old. I did have weight loss after I had my son. 180 to 130 & now a 34 DD. I feel now my breasts are sagging and the left is actually smaller than right. I plan to have another baby in the next year and was thinking after a few years I would have the lift and augmentation but not sure if it's a good idea. I hate the scars from my reduction and am nervous about how they would look after.

Breast lift after reduction

+2
After you have completed your family plans, it would be very reasonable to have a breast lift to improve the existing scars and reshape the breast. You could also have the breast augmentation to provide volume to the upper portion of the breasts. I would probably suggest reducing your existing breast skin envelope and using a rather conservative sized implant for best and long lasting results.  

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift after reduction years ago

+2
Thank you for the photos. Congratulations on the weight loss.  It appears that you would be a good candidate for a breast augmentation with lift. If the desire is for upper pole fullness, the usual way to do that is with an implant. The implant does not necessarily have to be large. If you need or want volume, then a larger implant will help. Nipple/areola positioning is a different matter and may necessitate more work, (i.e.; a lift). Please see a board certified plastic surgeon. Discuss your goals. Together you will come up with a plan.  I think your idea to hold off until having another baby in the near future is also a good one.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Breast lift and augmentation

+2
First of all there is no reason that you could not have the breast lift and augmentation. It occasionally happens for individuals like yourself. Congratulations on losing the weight too.
if you are happy with the size of your breasts in a bra than the only thing you may need is a lift. Otherwise if you want additional volume than a breast implant would work well with the lift.
One thing to consider is that you are a great candidate for breast lift and augmentation with fat transfer. If you not needed a moderate volume increase than fat transfer is the most natural and longest lasting way for breast enhancement . You would do great and I find women love the results. Not to mention it is natural and lasts forever.
I would not worry about your scars after the lift procedure with an implant or fat transfer. You will have much better scaring than after a breast reduction. Read my blog or visit my website for information on fat transfer. Best wishes. 

Matthew G. Stanwix, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Timing of breast implants and lift

+1
I think you said it all when you expressed your desire to have another child in as soon as year or so.  Once you have completed building your family, then seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that can physically examine you, listen to your desires, and then formulate the best surgical plan.  Although things may change, it is likely s/he will recommend a lift with implants to provide the youthful fullness and perkiness once again.  Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Breast lift and augmentation years after breast reduction

+1
Thank you for your question.  I think your goal of a rest lift which will revise your old breast reduction scars and's excess skin, followed by breast augmentation should work very well for you.  However please be finished having children before you have undertake this operation or distress of pregnancy on your breast could lessen you results.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast lift

+1
After children then it would be a great time to have a breast lift and reduction.This may be all you need to make yourself happy. If not then 4-6 months later after you have had a chance to determine if you want breast implants then they could be placed as a second procedure. This two stage plan has a better track record for symmetry. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Lift might be all

+1
This is not an entirely uncommon scenario. It looks like you might have enough volume to do a lift alone. Adding an implant might make the long term results unpredictable. A vertical lift might be indicated. The previous scars can't be erased but the future  scars can be minimized. 

Glenn Lyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Years After a Breast Reduction

+1
Thank you for your photo.  You can have an augmentation and a lift.  It is a good idea to wait after you have completed your family to have your breast surgery.  Your scar could be better that depends on your healing and on your PS.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast lift and augmentation

+1
It sounds like a reasonable request and a common one at that.  Yes, I would wait until you have your last child at this point.  Good luck.